Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECUTalk Consult LCD V2 Display

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ECUTalk Consult LCD V2 Display

Is anyone using one of these displays they apparently plug into the ecu, petrol EFI only I think?. They can display info like temps, fuel lph, and a lot of other things. The display looks a bit small and crowded need good eyes I think....but it could be a useful tool............
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the ecu consult unit that plugs into the laptop, but considered one of these at the time also - as you say, a bit hard on the eyes but of definite value.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see all the info but you have to worry about runnin off the road while you purroozing your purramitters. Still there might be something better out there. I have done the roadmiles and worked out what speed to sit on to get the best mileage/economy ..............this gadget can tell you at a glance, Ill ask the passenger to read it for me......too small for me

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumper View Post
    Nice to see all the info but you have to worry about runnin off the road while you purroozing your purramitters. Still there might be something better out there. I have done the roadmiles and worked out what speed to sit on to get the best mileage/economy ..............this gadget can tell you at a glance, Ill ask the passenger to read it for me......too small for me
    Hearing you mate ... with a decent sized touch screen and ability to make changes on the fly (as it were), they would be awesome ... the only thing I don't like about my unit is (for example) I can make changes to the timing curve under a test mode, but can't save them on the ecu once the best compromise is done ... maybe newer ecu's let that happen (mines 1992).

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run the same as Scottie, I would not buy one of those, nothing wrong with them just personal choice.....yes they are small and a bit crowded.

When money permits I will be running my software through a small laptop or touchscreen that is permanently mounted in the vehicle.

Matt ( Nissan Kid ) has a good setup in his GQ, if you trol through his members ride thread you will eventually find it *L* not sure if he runs the ECU software.

Chaz, also has done a excellent job on a customized computer http://www.chaz.yellowfoot.org/My%20In%20Car%20PC.htm

he runs NISTune for OBD monitoring but he has a GU, I'm a GQ man but I would love 2 have a GU dash as the display is setup higher.

I got my ECU consult lead from DinoDirect http://www.dinodirect.com/nissan-con...rency-AUD.html

You may also need 2 buy a RS232 to USB Converter Adapter Cable http://www.dinodirect.com/RS232-to-U...e.html?cur=AUD

I bought a more expensive one elsewhere but I'm sure there cable will be fine

More info on ECU diagnostics can be found here

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...nissan+consult

Cheers

Todd
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 9th November 2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Spelling......Damn that last beer!!!
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

04OFF (9th November 2011), Stumpjumper (9th November 2011), YNOT (9th November 2011)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested in getting the Nissan Consult Diagnostic Interface SO11 what software do you use with it
    I thinking of using a 10" laptop with it running windows xp
    john

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too late just ordered one from dinodirect for less than $40 with the usb adapter you can't go wrong
    John

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poltac View Post
    too late just ordered one from dinodirect for less than $40 with the usb adapter you can't go wrong
    John
    yeh John, can't go wrong at that price, post up some pics when you get it all set up

Cheers

Todd
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the ECU in my truck, i love it. Actually the mechanics i take my truck to love it too.

i think i can run my laptop straight out of it inside the truck, havent tried yet.
    I used to cruise... NOW I PATROL!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Todd, I checked out Matts GQ settup hes done a top job, overhead con as well.............excellent.
    Now Chaz in the GU that dash looks like the bees knees......like you I have a GQ so I have to work with what I have.
    There are slide out screens for car dvd players but not touch screen unless I missed that. I am often window shopping on EBAY I shall have a look.

Marty
    Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day, but give him a case of dynamite and soon the village will be showered with mud and seaweed and unidentifiable chunks of fish."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stumpjumper For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (8th September 2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast