OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: MAF SENSOR ISSUES & PARTS NUMBERS - Again!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy MAF SENSOR ISSUES & PARTS NUMBERS - Again!

Hi All.
    I know this topic has been discussed to death but i still seem to be having a few issues.
    I found that my Nissan Patrol (2005) 3.0 Diesel did not have the acceleration that it should. So i took off the MAF (Part no. 22680 7S000) and cleaned it with a electrical contact cleaner. I disconnected the battery for about 5 hours to let the computer reset.
    When i put it back, the acceleration was brilliant! But on an uphill climb, i found the revs going up and down without me moving the accelerator pedal. Overtaking on hills was quite slow. The car takes too long for the turbo to kick in. On normal flat roads, the car is just amazing. I am thinking the MAF still may have a problem, since it feels like the is starving for air.
    So, i went out and bought an aftermarket MAF from (http://www.driven2automotive.com/pro...id_product=164) in the UK. I got it to me this weekend and installed it.
    Now the car is even worse than before. The initial acceleration is there, but even on the slightest incline the you need to put your foot right down. Again the car feels like it is starving of air.
    Now the funny thing is that the company that has sold me the MAF says that this part number corresponds to the x-trail, primera and murano. It is not correct for the Patrol!!! However, the one i pulled off my car has this number on it.

Can anyone let me know if this part number is correct?
    Do i really have an MAF problem or could it be something else?
    My car is an import to Kenya from the UK. It has 45,000 miles on it and still has a warranty so I doubt things like the MAF have been changed before.

Any help would be great.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ZD 30 Series 1-3 #22680AD21A (previously 22680AD210 which was before that 22680 AD201)

ZD30 Series 4 #22680 7S000

Last I knew these were the correct part numbers. Try emailing www.nizzbits.com.au to see if there is a newer part number.

I would suggest getting a code test done before you replace anything else.

Tony

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add a few more points. I did a fault code test a few weeks ago and nothing came up. However, i only have access to a Launch Computer so i am not sure if this would read everything.
    I have re-cleaned my old MAF and will install today. Will let you know what happens.
    What is really scary at this point is the thread i read from Junior on "FLAT SPOTS". My car seems to be behaving exactly the same and the fuel consumption is also quite bad. He changed the MAF, throttle position sensor, boost actuator, boost solenoid and still no change. Eventually he bought a new car!!!
    Has anyone really solved this problem before? I am a little worried now.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post
    ZD 30 Series 1-3 #22680AD21A (previously 22680AD210 which was before that 22680 AD201)

ZD30 Series 4 #22680 7S000

Last I knew these were the correct part numbers. Try emailing www.nizzbits.com.au to see if there is a newer part number.

I would suggest getting a code test done before you replace anything else.

Tony
    I will get another code test done, thanks. But please see additional comments below.