Thread: Lake Eildon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lake Eildon

Hi guys,
    Been thinking about heading up Lake Eildon way for 4wding, does anyone know of any good tracks up that way??

Cheers
    A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Belz, out of Jamison there is a heap of good stuff, lots of hills, plenty to see. Head NW on teh map and you will find lots. Others will be far more specific i am sure.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    belzi82 I am no help with 4b tracks up that way sorry but got told the eildon to jamison road is bitumen all the way now and the motorbike
    riders are loving it in numbers and the boys in blue watch it to .
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nissan Kid works up at Eildon. Send him a PM.

By the way, I was born at Alexandra and lived in Thornton for 17 years before I joined the Navy. Nice place to visit, but too cold for me now. lol

rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

belzi82 (7th November 2011)

yorgalas
    hmm thanks for the info

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

I've been camping and 4wding up that way before. We usually camp anywhere along Big River road, which is just south of Jameison. From Melbourne go thru Warburton, McMahons Creek and Reefton on the Warburton Woods Point road, u come to a T intersection turn right, but its still Warburton woods point road (weird) then turn left at the Eildon Warburton road (dirt road) then veer right on the Big River road. This road goes for ages and theres tons of tracks and camping spots all along the river - fantastic spot!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been camping and 4wding up that way before. We usually camp anywhere along Big River road, which is just south of Jameison. From Melbourne go thru Warburton, McMahons Creek and Reefton on the Warburton Woods Point road, u come to a T intersection turn right, but its still Warburton woods point road (weird) then turn left at the Eildon Warburton road (dirt road) then veer right on the Big River road. This road goes for ages and theres tons of tracks and camping spots all along the river - fantastic spot!
    I believe Nissan Kid works up there, so PM him and he may be able to help.

Take care out there.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big River is a fun place. Plenty of camp sites around there too. Stockmans and Frenchmans campsites are the more well known for me as I've passed them a lot on the way to tracks etc but I've never actually stayed in them. We always went out into the bush where we could be loud and not worry about families.

Eildon itself doesn't really have much in the way of 4WD'ing. There's a few here and there but it's when you go out of Eildon that the fun starts. I'd stay in Eildon in comfort and then venture from there.

Pretty much the only track names I remember at Big River are the shortcut tracks. Haven't been there for quite a while and I'm not really great at remembering names of places but shortcut definitely rings a bell. Must have been good! lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:

Tobes (3rd May 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    belzi82 I am no help with 4b tracks up that way sorry but got told the eildon to jamison road is bitumen all the way now and the motorbike
    riders are loving it in numbers and the boys in blue watch it to .
    I remember back many years ago heading out of there in my brothers landcrab and the police would of had at least 15-20 4wd's all lined up putting tickets on everyone on a sunday afternoon long weekend. I would be very careful about that road on a Sunday arvo if your Patrol is illegal.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Nissan Kid works up at Eildon. Send him a PM.

By the way, I was born at Alexandra and lived in Thornton for 17 years before I joined the Navy. Nice place to visit, but too cold for me now. lol

rossco
    I lived in Alex during the 50 - 60s and joined the Navy in 63.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast