Thread: Suspention

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suspention

What would use recomend in suspention for my 2002 gu patrol wagon i would prefer a 2 or 3 inch lift

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday 2002td42 Welcome to the forum .........Please post up an introduction in the introduction section of the forum just tell us a little bit about yourself and post up some pics if you have any before you ask questions you will get a better response

thanks mate

1989 GQ LPG / PET TB42 LWB WAGON 4'LIFT 33's
    WELCOME TO THE MUD PITT WE DRIVE NISSAN PATROLS
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to timbar For This Useful Post:

YNOT (1st November 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2", check out OME. thats what I have and works really well. have a look at my thread in members rides and you'll see theres no problem with flex.
    1998 GU TI LS1

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with King Springs 2' and OME Nitrocharger Sports shocks. Very happy
    I used to cruise... NOW I PATROL!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iv got a 2" flexy lift from suspetion stuff. There basically a 2" lifted coil that can flex like a 4" coil comes with 4" dobinson shock im pleased at how well it flexes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    g'day champ i myself am running 2" lovells springs and EFS elite shocks and this works well for me although i just had one of my front shocks fail on me after about 12 months which they replaced no questions asked. as these shocks do come with a 3 year warranty or 100,000k any way you really need to decide on what you want out of your truck, what accessories, how much overall weight. your best option would be to see your local 4wd shop and have a chat most of them are wheelers themselves and know there sh!t....cheers....
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have 2'' tough dog 45mm adjustable shock n tough dog springs very happy atm great off road n on.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on how much you are planning on spending and what you plan to do bud. I am a firm believer in spend as much as you can afford. If you take something out put a tougher one back (eventually your truck will be bullet proof and you will have that warm fuzzy that you will make it home). Don't get shity guys but Iron Man is not the most rugged of options. If you lift your truck you can take it places that Nissan never planned for. Things like control arms get quite exposed with lift and trust me they are weak as. I run Dobinsons 3" Flexy with T/Dog 45mm ADJ. Friggin brilliant all round ( only isue is 45mm valving is a little noisey and hisses allot). Research mate. Heaps of it. Took me 9mths to settle on my lift. Cost me over $5000 in springs, shocks and every steering/suspension component under there. I could do a simple 3" lift for bout $900 if I wanted. Blokes don't spend that on 5-7" lifts. But I would not change a thing about my setup. It highways better than my wife Mazda 2, Flexes like an absolute feind with the sways disconnected and tours like a dream. DO THE RESEARCH. Dont go getting this and that. You don't need to buy it all at once but have the whole lot planned so you don't end up with gear that won't work together. Good luck bud.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also in process of sorting this out, reserched everyones opinions as posted aswell. All im doing is a 2" lift with springs and shocks.. Ive been told by 2 mechanics that i need to extend my brake lines and need a panhard rod aswell, is this needed because a few other sources say that this is a waste of money?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be fine with 2". That's the figure that is generally quoted as the cut-off before the more extensive mods become necessary. Usual advice is try it at that and, if steering is vague, think about castor correction. Otherwise all is well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast