Thread: what offset would you run

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what offset would you run

hay i've got a gu and about to put in a 3" lift i want to run 33"x12.5"x15" just wonderng what offset i liked the 8x-23 on my old car but i was talking to the bloke at the tyre shop and he said about a -40 x10" not sure if that would be to wide (don't want to scrub on the up travel) but don't want to go to small so i fall over haha

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A -40 in a 10 inch rim is very close to a neg15 in an 8 inch rim but they will be 25mm wider on both sides of centre. This would mean the outside of the tyre would sit about where a neg 32 would be if my maths is right?

Note I have had a few beers and onto the red at a work conference in Sydney so I might be a little messy. Lol

If your looking to buy new wheels and tyres I'd be looking at a 16 for better clearance around your brakes for mud and a little less tyre roll. The comp guys are all running 17s now.

Not sure I see a need to go to a 10 inch rim unless you want to run something really big. But running a 33 onto a 10 inch rim seems a bit extreme. Others may disagree

Dinner has arrived, my 2 c
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

sr06 (31st October 2011)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've liked the 15" just for the extra baggage you get when running lower pressure and i know what the numbers mean on the side of the tyre lol. I did think the 10" mite be abit over board.
    so people a going for the 16" over the 15"?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've liked the 15" just for the extra baggage you get when running lower pressure and i know what the numbers mean on the side of the tyre lol. I did think the 10" mite be abit over board.
    so people a going for the 16" over the 15"?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've just spoken to a bloke at another tyre shop and he's trying to say that a 16" rim won't fit to my 08 st wagon and was trying to sell me 17's with tyres that i would have to sell my kids and hand brake to afford is that true

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sr06 View Post
    i've just spoken to a bloke at another tyre shop and he's trying to say that a 16" rim won't fit to my 08 st wagon and was trying to sell me 17's with tyres that i would have to sell my kids and hand brake to afford is that true
    He's an Idiot!

Go the 16's mate, the Tyres are Cheaper and will work well for you. If you already ahve 17 inch rims and you need tyres on them then maybe think about your 17s but if this is for a second set go the 16s for sure.

My GU IV with 16 x 8 and a Neg6 offset runinng 285/75/16s

This is a pic of my GU IV with NO LIFT running 16s and 285s (33s)

you will have no problems at all.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

sr06 (8th December 2011)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks mate i was getting worred i mite have to run 17's and where was that 1st picture taken looks like fun

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sr06 View Post
    where was that 1st picture taken looks like fun
    No worries mate,

It was taken on my Central trip last September. West of Mt Dare, and yep! it was a blast mate

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    No worries mate,

It was taken on my Central trip last September. West of Mt Dare, and yep! it was a blast mate
    yah it would have been i was out there in july we came from the south and turned back east just before mt dare great spot out there loved it and thanks for the input mate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a few pics of my wheels and tires. 285/75 R16 Wrangler Duratrac tires and 16x8 black Sunraysia wheels with a -13mm offset. Love em.

Cheers,

Steve

14. The Following User Says Thank You to frenzy For This Useful Post:

sr06 (9th December 2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast