Thread: Which mobile phone??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 702 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beansathome View Post
    go with a htc i am in love with mine lol. i have the htc incredable s it is awesome i have also had the htc desire hd bith the best phones i have ever had. my problem with iphone is that thay are only on 1 brand of phone. where as android is over most brands so there is a bigger marcket so in theory android will grow bigger and better because there should be more demand seeing as if u want a apple u can only get a iphone if u want android u have a wide choice of phones.
    u can also choose to have a keyboard with android as some brands have a slide out keyboard if u dont like using the touch screan to type but stay away from motorola i find there battery life is really bad my wife had a milstone 2 or something and in the same area her battery lasted less then a day and with the same usage with a samsung galaxy she can push 2 days sometimes. alos the galaxy 2 looks like it could be prety good aswell

i think android has a bigger market then apple .
    Thanks for your reply.
    I looked at the galaxy SII but our apprentice's mum has one and our apprentice said it was only just OK!!
    Another tick for the HTC
    GU Patrol: 3LTD :- The cheapest option is to buy the right thing the first time! - YEP WORKS FOR ME!!
    Front and Rear "LOCKED" WOO HOO !! squeal, scream, squeal toot toot !! hahahaha

NISSAN PATROL.com.au .......stickers........done by Snicko.......I know you want one....
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...screen-Sticker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also the thing that shits me about the iphone is that u cant expand memory with a micro sd card as far as i know. there is a price difrence with the difrence in memery space were in a android u can put what large memery cards of your choice depending on what the phone can take.
    also the battry is a part of the iphone so if it has a brain fart and is frozen and wont switch off u might have to wait for the battery to drain so as u can restart it. other brands u can atleast remover the battery strait away.
    You are right about the memory as you have to buy either a 16GB, 32GB or a 64GB iPhone up front......(And the cost goes up accordingly! )
    But the review did not say anything about the battery problem - Thanks
    GU Patrol: 3LTD :- The cheapest option is to buy the right thing the first time! - YEP WORKS FOR ME!!

NISSAN PATROL.com.au .......stickers........done by Snicko.......I know you want one....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snicko View Post
    You are right about the memory as you have to buy either a 16GB, 32GB or a 64GB iPhone up front......(And the cost goes up accordingly! )
    But the review did not say anything about the battery problem - Thanks
    i only no the batter problem on a few friends iphones its just a pain not being able to do anything about it. not sure on wich moddle it is.
    also the iphone 4 was realeased witha big problem where your hand blocked reception and the only way the could solve this is to add a case u would think in testing that this would have come up its almost like there qualty systems faild and that is a big thing in a company like that especialy seeing as it wasnt a first release of the iphone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beansathome For This Useful Post:

snicko (29th October 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i only no the battery problem on a few friends iphones its just a pain not being able to do anything about it. not sure on wich model it is.
    also the iphone 4 was realeased with a big problem where your hand blocked reception and the only way they could solve this is to add a case u would think in testing that this would have come up its almost like there qualty systems faild and that is a big thing in a company like that especialy seeing as it wasnt a first release of the iphone.
    You wonder about quality control sometimes!!
    I think I read in the review (13 pages!) that the new 4S has fixed the reception problem but what other new ones are there eh??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Everything helps....... so a tick for the HTC and a tick for the iIPhone!! Thats 2 each!! hahahaha

(I have never used a smart phone so I will have nothing to gauge it by.)
    Here's another tick for the HTC,
    HTC actually develops the technology for most phones, ie nokia motorola etc, its only the last couple of years they have decided to bring out their own handsets,
    and i have never been into the apple technology either, so there's one against iphone, the only reason i have one is curtousy of the boss.

Good luck
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wildgu6 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you like the iPhone then it might be worth waiting till the iPhone5 comes out. I think the 4S is the same phone as the 4 with few extras thrown in...could be wrong.

I'm runing OS5 on my iPhone 4 at the moment and the reception has increased slightly.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive owned both, an iphone and an android which i currently use.

I sorely miss my iphone, my opinion is android is completely over rated. The motto "it just works" by apple couldn't be more true.

3 points to consider when buying a smart phone:

1. Hardware reliability. Iphone is the most reliable smart fone in the world, fact.

2. Operating System reliability. Apple wins again. Android suffers glitches which makes you "force close" applications/. Doesnt happen on Apple.

And lastly

3. Functionality - This one android wins as it is more open and flexible to customization etc.

This is my opinion only, ive rearched it a fair bit, and as such will be returning to iphone as soon as possible.
    I used to cruise... NOW I PATROL!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T0nka For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (30th October 2011), snicko (29th October 2011), wildgu6 (29th October 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissPat View Post
    If you like the iPhone then it might be worth waiting till the iPhone5 comes out. I think the 4S is the same phone as the 4 with few extras thrown in...could be wrong.

I'm runing OS5 on my iPhone 4 at the moment and the reception has increased slightly.
    You are right Kris, the 4S is only a patch up job of the 4 but I don't think the brick will last for the 5 to come out!! (The screen has a big crack on it but at the moment still works!!)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T0nka View Post
    Ive owned both, an iphone and an android which i currently use.

I sorely miss my iphone, my opinion is android is completely over rated. The motto "it just works" by apple couldn't be more true.

3 points to consider when buying a smart phone:

1. Hardware reliability. Iphone is the most reliable smart fone in the world, fact.

2. Operating System reliability. Apple wins again. Android suffers glitches which makes you "force close" applications/. Doesnt happen on Apple.

And lastly

3. Functionality - This one android wins as it is more open and flexible to customization etc.

This is my opinion only, ive rearched it a fair bit, and as such will be returning to iphone as soon as possible.
    Thanks Tonka...... I am interested in everyone's opinion.
    There is so much info out there and that's why I asked the question here of peoples experiences.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right Kris, the 4S is only a patch up job of the 4 but I don't think the brick will last for the 5 to come out!! (The screen has a big crack on it but at the moment still works!!)
    I can throw a nokia 6700c your way Snicko if you want to wait for the Iphone 5
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast