OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question - Which Diesel chip is best ?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn,t have the chip, and knowing what I know now about the ZD30 if it drops power or something changes in performance, ie increase in turbo lag when changing down. Have it checked out, just keeping the boot in will do some damage. By the way I was quite impressed with the X Country 4x4 aftermarket intercooler, have bought one and will be interesting to see how it performs. Also Intercooler kit includes dawes valve witch should protect from over boost when I block the EGR valve.
    Last edited by baboo; 13th November 2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: more info
    '04 GU, STL, silver, 2'' adj tough dog lift, snorkel, 33" muddies, rack

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well when I took the car in to have the chip fitted they informed me that my car already had a steinbeur chip on it.... (many wonders of buying a 2nd hand car) so I asked them to do a dyno run with the steinbeur, without and with their diesel smart module. The car made 72.4rwkw standard - 82.2rwkw with the steinbeur and around 120rwkw with their Diesel Smart module. I have the dyno sheet around here and when I figure out how to get it onto my computer I'll put it up. I also took photos of the module being fitted and how it plugs directly into the top of the injectors

I must say I am very impressed. the car is so much quieter then before and it feels like a whole new car. I couldn't believe it was the same engine. I had to pop the bonnet to make sure it was lol. Very impressed with them and their service! recommend them highly.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thats great! is that with the standard exhaust and how much difference did it make to the torque, haven,t made a decision my self yet, still putting my beast back together .
    '04 GU, STL, silver, 2'' adj tough dog lift, snorkel, 33" muddies, rack

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering about warranty... My truck is on a boat on the way over here. I traded my 03 for a new one but took all the go fast bits off first and it drove like crap. The power figures for the CRD and older DT are not too different. Don't think it will be long before I want more. Would be stoked with that sort of increase. Read a very very lengthy review on Chip it. Sounds like a very comprehensive chip. Did you get the washer fitted into the fuel rack?? The Chip It seems very reliable as far as EGT's go (according to this review). Apparently it augments the boost indication going back to the ECU to allow for greater boost without "overboost" triggering.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey skull.. i didn't get the chip-it chip because i'm still sure they only just ramp up rail pressures which is no good for your injectors and reading your above comment i'm assuming by putting the washer in the fuel rack that means it's blocking off the release valve that is designed to keep it safe.

the product i got was a diesel smart module from supercarperformance. the module I got was optioned with the boost controller and the egt package. so it ended up costing me 2200 fitted and dyno tuned. which I thought was an incredibly good price. The egt system they have takes over the remainder of the new car warranty for driveline damage. so should something happen to my gearbox or my engine dies they will take responsibility and fix it unless of course i'm trying to do 4x4 burnouts on the road and blow a diff or something extreme like that.

as for egt's i have never had an egt system fitted before so I don't know how this module compares to standard but I'm told by the people who fitted up the module to my car that their module runs lower then standard and its only under full acceleration and under tow if i held my foot flat for an extended period of time (like 4 or 5 minutes) that theirs get to about the 550-600 mark and at 600 it sounds an alarm if they get to 650 it will cut the module and return it back to standard.

hope that helps skull

for baboo that was with a 2.75" stainless steel exhaust and as for the torque.. looking at the dyno sheet it peaked at about 575nm of torque and 121.6kw.. again I'll figure out how to upload this thing for all to see but not having a scanner makes it hard lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All sounds pretty good. Tis hard to know which one to get isn't it. Everyone says mine is the best, highest gain, lowest EGT etc. Can't all be the best though eh. Is good to get some cold hard figures and some seat of your pants comparison to standard. Cheers bud.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey i was able to get my dyno sheet scanned haha its a bit off center but you can still read it

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, I am a sarcastic bast%$d but a 96 percent increase in torque, and a 68% increase in power (from a chip).....is BS.
    I call shenanigans....purely on the basis that NO MECHANICAL CHANGES have been made.

Long term effects? Short term effects? Effect on fue consumption" Engine wear? Drivetrain wear?...there is NO gain without a loss, somewhere.

Thats my opinion....if that scale is true, and proved correct over the long term...I will buy one.

Not holding my breath, LOVED to be proved wrong.

Cheers
    Dave
    99 GU 2.8 TD
    Brisvegas, QLD

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's not a chip. it doesn't change the rail pressure. it goes into each injector and alters injection timing, injection pulse width, pulse times and by doing this it can alter how the fuel gets into the engine. it also changes the boost. please note this is also with a 3" exhaust. if you look at their youtube channel you will see similar results across all the cars. I did my research before buying something. I didn't want to put something on my car that just alters rail pressure as it destroys the engines. take a look at the chip it chips. they know their chips will throw an engine light due to over fueling so they give you a bolt that goes into your fuel rail to block off the release valve so they can continue to get power out of new common rails with just changing rail pressure. i do not like that idea at all and as such the only 2 I came across on the market that actually worked with the injectors was Steinbeur and Diesel Smart. I could be wrong, their could be other companies that don't just change rail pressures but very few companies actually offer indication about how they get their power.

the module also comes with 4 tunes, economy, light tow, heavy tow and all out power... this dyno run was done in all out power obviously the car is not always in this tune and in fact most of the time I just leave it in the economy tune. I'm noticing that at 100k's an hour my car is reving about 500-700rpm less then what it use to so obviously that's gotta be helping my fuel economy. I haven't had a chance to test it properly but when I do i'll let you know how it goes

if you read the rest of the post you would see that because my car still has some factory warranty left by fitting their EGT defence system it moves the drivetrain warranty to them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to patrol2011 For This Useful Post:

Skull (25th November 2011)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    further to my post above.

it's like owning a supra or a skyline or anything with a turbo on it. put more diesel in, add more boost, do it safely. the limit on a diesel engine is the turbo not the engine itself. its only running about 15-16 psi to make this power, my understanding is they can run up to about 22-23psi before they start running into problems?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast