OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question - Which Diesel chip is best ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link to the company selling it http://scarparts.3dcartstores.com/Patrol_c_55.html

The write up the have is a fairly convincing write up. Am seriously looking at it. Wondering would they mach my extra 3yrs new car as well? This "Module" (don't ever call it a chip) does seem to be a whole different kettle of fish for sure. There are no products I have seen as yet taking this approach and JESUS what an outcome. If that is sustainable i'll take 2 : ) I do agree though that you can't expect all this out of standard intakes and exhausts. I do beleive that physical mods should be made to make it easier for the donk to put this sort of power out. I know my self that smokers and athsmatics can't keep up with the fit guys. Engines need to breathe too so the easier it is the safer it will be. I did notice that the turbo control is just the 3BAR Racing kit down to the red silicone vac hose. They have obviously set it and then hit it with heat shrink to prevent us playing. Dunno if it is woth the extra $400 bucks ($300 worth of heat shrink maybe) I am pretty glad to see them put their money were their mounth is with the matching New Car warranty. Not many companies will do that. 10 yrs on the module..... $1400 is fair cheap to. They even offer to let you test drive on fitted to your own car. They have it all covered. The badging/decals are a bit over the top. Only thing they missed is a Massage and executive finish.

patrol2011.
    QUOTE: I'm noticing that at 100k's an hour my car is reving about 500-700rpm less then what it use to so obviously that's gotta be helping my fuel economy.

What tha. Is your troll an auto?
    Last edited by Skull; 25th November 2011 at 02:30 PM.
    YOU CANT POLISH A TURD.... BUT YOU CAN ROLL IT IN GLITTER.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey sorry 500-700 is probably a bit over exaggerating lol but yes it is noticeably quieter and definitely revs lower then what it did before.

You could always call them and ask about the new extended new car warranty?

the biggest seller for me was the 10 year product warranty, the driveline warranty and the fact that the power gains come without increasing rail pressure. my module doesn't even plug into the fuel rail at all.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now i know you would be still wraped with the whole thing. I would be sleeping in it. Honestly and seriously what downers have you come across so far. Wanna try and get the full picture. We have heard all the pro's now for the con's. You are my guinne pig. Can you please try to get some real life fuel figures for us. Would be great to know exactly how my truck could end up before i spend the dosh.
    YOU CANT POLISH A TURD.... BUT YOU CAN ROLL IT IN GLITTER.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrol2011 View Post
    I'm noticing that at 100k's an hour my car is reving about 500-700rpm less then what it use to so obviously that's gotta be helping my fuel economy.
    Not sure how that could work. As I understand it, at a certain engine RPM, the gearbox turns at a certain speed, turning the wheels at a certain speed which equates to a certain road speed. Only way to change road speed / RPM is to change diff ratios, tyre diameter or gears. I could be wrong tho.

I bought a Steinbaur module and a 3 inch mandrel exhaust a month ago. The Patrol drives MUCH better now. The turbo lag is noticeably less and it has more towing power. Around town I am getting 0.5 l/km more - which should give me about an extra 60 km to a tank. Have not tried it on the highway yet - but I will over the holidays. So far I am happy with the module.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have thought BillsGU is on the money when it comes to RPM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
    I bought a Steinbaur module and a 3 inch mandrel exhaust a month ago. The Patrol drives MUCH better now. The turbo lag is noticeably less and it has more towing power. Around town I am getting 0.5 l/km more - which should give me about an extra 60 km to a tank. Have not tried it on the highway yet - but I will over the holidays. So far I am happy with the module.
    Update on the Steinbaur on the highway during the holidays. At 110 kmh on the freeway my fuel consumption is the same as before the upgrade. The car does do better on the hills and the auto either does not shift down on hills where it did before, or gets a lot further up the hill before it shifts down.

Is the module worth what I paid for it and would I buy another one if I changed cars? Just for the pure difference in driveability - yep I would.

More updates when I add the ASE intercooler, (That is - when it finally arrives !!!!).

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how does the safari d tronic chip fair? I picked one second hand for 700 good buy or not?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello folks

@Patrol2011. Your dyno is quite impressive. After a few months now, What's your feed-back ?
    - still happy with your Diesel Smart module ?
    - What about torque down low ?
    - What about the "useable" zone ? from what 1600 rpm to what ? 3500 rpm ??
    - do you have a manual or an auto ?
    - How does the new power match the gearbox gearing ?
    - Have you or do you plan to fit larger tires ?
    - Should this help with the amout of power you have now ?
    - what is your average fuel consumption ?
    - What brand of exhaust do you have ??

Sorry for all these questions. I'm very curious about this setup. Thank you for your already helpfull contribution.

Nicolas

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First - Patrol2011 Steinbeur is the premium chip to buy costs an arm and a leg but has an awesome reputation. It is the closest you get to an ECU tune and the only tuning box I would let touch my vehicle. Unfortunately with chips/tuning boxes you do not necessarily get what you pay for, there are some very expensive pieces of crap out there. I would suggest you all consider an ECU tune, price is fairly cheap, just make sure the tune edits the actual original program, is reversible and the engine is warranted

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by APTUNING View Post
    First - Patrol2011 Steinbeur is the premium chip to buy costs an arm and a leg but has an awesome reputation. It is the closest you get to an ECU tune and the only tuning box I would let touch my vehicle. Unfortunately with chips/tuning boxes you do not necessarily get what you pay for, there are some very expensive pieces of crap out there. I would suggest you all consider an ECU tune, price is fairly cheap, just make sure the tune edits the actual original program, is reversible and the engine is warranted
    I have seen them and it all seemed a bit complicated - so I went for the Steinbaur. If it all turns to poop I can just unplug it - even in the middle of nowhere.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast