OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question - Which Diesel chip is best ?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Question - Which Diesel chip is best ?

Hey guys just recently purchased a 2010 st and overall very happy with the car, except when I'm towing. I have a trailor that fully loaded is close to about 2 tonne and i'm finding that when going up hills the car is having a little bit of trouble, i'm curious how you guys are getting around this

I've been doing alot of research with diesel chips and what I have come across is that with the new diesel engines (not just nissan) the companies are waking up to fact that people are putting some "cheaper" diesel chips on their cars and infact are destroying their engine because all the chip is doing is ramping up the rail pressure and as a result the injector pins are failing and blowing holes in the pistons... so what the companies are doing is adding relief valves into the rails so that when it goes over what they consider to be normal the fuel is released into a catch can kind of thing which from what i can gather render's pretty much 90% of the chips on the market completely useless..

So what i'm asking is what experience you have with diesel chips and what you would recommend owning? The chip will also be fitted with an aftermarket exhaust (still undecided on what exhaust I want to go with )

thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate.
    Welcome to the forum. When you have a chance, head over to the introduction section and tell us about yourself (and your truck).

As for chips, I heard Diesel Power (DP) is good. Never had any experience with them though because I have a GQ (manual fuel pump)
    "Gunter" - 1993 Nissan Patrol GQ DX II, 6cyl 4.2L Diesel. 2" Lift EFS suspension. 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ (285/75 R16). Warn Winch

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey

Thanks for the reply! much appreciated. I looked into DP chips and from my understanding they also just up the rail pressures which won't necessarily work on newer cars and can cause damage to the injectors.. I also looked into "Chip it" and "tune it " chips both of which i'm fairly confident do the same thing.. could anyone confirm or deny this?

In my research I did come across one chip... diesel smart made by supercar peformance.. I read on their website that their design has full control over the engine and they don't add rail pressure which means my injectors should be okay? I rang them up and spoke to a guy there named mick or mike err i don't remember to much haha he said I could take my car in to one of his franchises and have one of the chips fitted to it and see how it goes for free then if I like it they will custom tune it for my car... I'm going in next week to see how it goes... will let you know how it goes

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GDay, Have been looking at chips myself Have a look at Chipit they monotor exhaust gas temps ajust acordingly, have various programs and I reckon best results will be in conjunction with an exhaust upgrade They recomended to me 3" mandrel bent inc converter from turbo back. If anyone has experiance with this I would also be interested in comment.
    '04 GU, STL, silver, 2'' adj tough dog lift, snorkel, 33" muddies, rack

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Super Roo as well. They do full setup.

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have just installed a Tunit chip
    so far great more power, to early for fuel report
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies..

@baboo
    I looked at the chip-it egt system and I was abit concerned about having the module cut out on me especially if i was going to overtake someone or going up a hill towing without any warning. I then also spoke to the guys selling the diesel smart product about it and they told me their egt defense system has a display inside the car that gives me a reading of egt's and will sound an alarm if egt's start to get high, I like this idea because it will give me warning before it cuts the module. they also said it will cut the module if egts climb to high to what they consider to be dangerous before it does any damage to the engine. they also said their module is custom tuned here in australia and that it would be very difficult for me to get the car to reach dangerous levels using their module as they are tuned in central queensland where lots of their customers actually have 4x4's kitted out for remote work on mine-sites carrying constant weight. As I said before I have done a fair bit of research on this and really don't want to put a chip on my common rail diesel engine because of the damage they do and constant unwanted engine lights that everyone is complaining about on forums. The other thing I liked about diesel modules is they have a 10 year warranty and they pacifically designed to suit common rail diesels.

The guys at Diesel Smart pointed me to this youtube video of a nissan patrol with all the products fitted that I'm looking to buy. Tell me what you think

Cheers

EDIT: youtube video didn't work correctly

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go the full set up Chipit chip, you won't be disappointed. But would suggest having a pyro meter installed especially for towing, those EGT's can really get high very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse the spelling.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm !! patrol211, Im in the process of rebuilding the top end of my ZD30 had major leaks from a stuffed intercooler . rekon it was stuffed while still under warrinty , mentioned it to the dealer ,all the oil leaking ect got fobbed off they just cleaned it .Ended up with cracks in the head I think caused by hi temp diferences between the exhaust and inlet valves, anyway possibly would have been better outcome if I had some sort of warning and maby if it cut back it would react faster than my right foot!!
    '04 GU, STL, silver, 2'' adj tough dog lift, snorkel, 33" muddies, rack

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woah that sucks man, did you have a chip fitted to it at the time baboo? or is just one of those famous zd30 engine problems lol.

Arwon.. i'm almost 100% confident that chip-it chips really just up the rail pressure and won't work to well with the common rails and cause damage to my injectors which could destroy my engine... can you confirm or deny this? or give me a reason why I should go with the chip-it chip other then "you won't be dissapointed"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast