Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Hi To Other Patrol Owners :-)

Hi there,

I am new to this site. I have a 1995 2.8 Turbo Diesel Nissan Patrol....Nessie I call her.
    She was registered late 1995 and put on the road by a Nissan Mechanic. I bought her in mid 1997 and have had her since. She has been really good to me and I love her. I basic service her myself.

I'm sure I will learn lots from joining this site. I am after a part and some advice as a few years back some inconsiderate person broke into her and took the factory service and parts manual.

Nice to meet you all.

Mad Max

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Mad Max.

I've found the crew on here a courteous and helpful crowd, ready with helpful advice.

I think to get the on line manuals you'll need to post 25 reasonably sensible posts. I found that pretty easy to do, scouting around on the various parts of the forum. Given your experience you'll have something to offer.

Join in and have fun!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

patch697 (27th October 2011)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome Silver......Yes, I've already worked out that that I need 25 posts after I clicked the "download" button :-) That's ok....I'm sure I can learn lots in the process. Just trying to navigate myself around this site atm :-)
    I do have to search for a new "Horn Plate" so that will keep me busy. Have not been able to find one from any Wrecking Mobs here in Perth as yet.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard mate.

You'll find plenty here who'll jump in to help you out with any questions so feel free to join in.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome Patch697..........I'm a chick......so I will have lots of questions !! Be patient with me haha :-)

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madmaxtechnology View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Patch697..........I'm a chick......so I will have lots of questions !! Be patient with me haha :-)
    Mate we get ppl on here who wouldn't know a tail pipe from a tyre valve so don't, & I mean "DON'T" be afraid to ask questions no matter how silly you think they are.

We're a very friendly bunch here & someone (usually many) will have a reply for you.....

There is no such thing as a dumb questions here on this forum so knock yourself out mate.

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by patch697; 27th October 2011 at 01:17 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to patch697 For This Useful Post:

madmaxtechnology (27th October 2011)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I can say that I do know the difference between a tailpipe and a tyre valve thats for sure haha ;-) I try to do my best servicing it myself.....what I don't know I read up, investigate and ask.

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some people on here have changed their steering wheel to an aftermarket one- and may have a horn plate to give away....but come to think of it, the ones I know of are GQ owners where the wheel has become dodgy.

Your rig would have one of those new fangled airbag things I guess

My keyboard doesn't type the 26th letter of the alphabet - repayment for spilling a glass of wine on it..... However Ni22bits is often helpful - the 22 represents that misssing letter I can't type :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

madmaxtechnology (27th October 2011)

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madmaxtechnology View Post
    Well I can say that I do know the difference between a tailpipe and a tyre valve thats for sure haha ;-) I try to do my best servicing it myself.....what I don't know I read up, investigate and ask.
    Then you'll do quite well here mate....... As you have probably already noticed we don't mind a chat either........................hahahahahahaha

I take it your horn ring has done what most do & warn through in the one spot you need it?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Silver.....No, didn't come with the airbag but it's a steering wheel that was designed to take an airbag I think.
    To patch697.......No......it didn't wear through......my daughter got annoyed with me one day and hit it on the wrong angle and it shattered into tiny tiny pieces. It's still the original steering wheel.....and the horn works....but the shaped hard plastic piece that sits over the top of the horn mechanism is missing. I've put the vinyl covering back over it.....but with no horn plate under it.......ppl don't know until they touch my horn and realise that it's hollow underneath haha

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast