User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Rooftop Tents

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the trailer itself made to my specs, Cost $5000. Industrial stregth though. Long draw bar 100x50 with Alco 3T offroad hitch, 2T axle, electric brakes, eye-eye springs with 5/8 U-bolts (spare spring and bolts attatched to draw bar). Super heavy everything with 1600kg capacity. Plus when you design yourself you get the extra's like two gas bottles, two jerry's, captured nuts and ladder rack sections on the corners ( all on when gal dipped). Was gonna build it myself and get it hot dipped but had no time. You would save $1500 doing it yourself. I built the frame for the tents myself in about 16Hrs. Was easy as to do. You can get trailers for a fraction of what I spent but I am the kind of guy who does everything to death. I save for ever to buy only the best. Last thing I need is something cheap getting the kids and I stuck in the nowheres.
    Last edited by Skull; 3rd December 2011 at 01:35 AM.
    YOU CANT POLISH A TURD.... BUT YOU CAN ROLL IT IN GLITTER.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good attitude to have mate. If your going to do it, do it properly!
    Im going to do alot of research over the next 4-6 months before i decide on anything

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had a Shippshape Aussie made rooftop tent for nearly ten years now, has been used extensively for extended outback trips, several for up to three months at a time. Really well made unit and has withstood several huge storms with high wind and rain over the years.
    Several reasons for our choice, the biggest being that when it is opened the tonneau acts as a wall or roof and remains dry on the inside, when you close it you are not putting wet canvas onto the tent section. The undercover area is very useful when camped and gives you somewhere to stand and sit in inclement weather as well as always dry access to the sleeping area.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I have been to Pinnacle Wholesale in Ballarat and now i think they are in Hallam in Melbourne that do the ebay roof top tent. I bought a welder off them a few year ago when they first started bringing in the cheap roof top tents.

The guy tells me that he took an ARB RTT to China to ask the to make it, they basically said "well we already do sir! would you like us to put your label on it?" and that is that. Pinnacle opened the door and it has just gone nuts. They have not got one listed right now which is surprising cause they normally do. But there is a couple of bargains to be had

RRT, Awning, Roof Rack, COMBO BARGAIN!!!!!

Or this one, not as good as the one above but man i cant believe how cheap this has all got.

Roof Top Tent and Awning Combo deal

That first one is so cheap i should buy one just because!

Great way to do the Simpson. Better than even an OZ Tent i reckon. I own an Oz tent already though damn it.
    His got them back up there again for $1350 including everything, RTT, Annexe, Awning, Cage Rack plus some 4x4 DVD. I don't think i cannot buy it, got quotes from TJM yesterday and they were more then double this with a caged rack, only difference was they were 800mm longer.

Again the only pain in the arse I can see is having to take it down if you wanted to go somewhere, but I spose if you carried a couple of pushbikes you could ride most places and leave the car set up.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking or rigging up a trailer if I intend to camp for a while. Not as flash as the one above but similar. can leave the camp there and take of in the car, ideal really. Finding the right trailer Is proving harder than I thought. just need to find a trailer and make a frame big enough to connect up the annex aswell. Modify the trailer and all should be sweet

Happy new year all, and hope everyone had a fantastic Chrissy

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112