Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcol View Post
    I have a 1999 GU TD42 NA
    it had the Diesel Gas setup in it when I brought it in Feb this year
    from what I can gather from reading all over the place.... its not very helpful to a NA engine, but, much better on a Turbo'd engine

I had mine Dyno'd the other day
    while on Diesel only, it was doing 88Kw & 257Nm at the wheels
    on Diesel & gas, it was 92Kw & 273Nm at the wheels

not a vast improvement, but enough to let me know, once I get it Turbo'd, it will be a heck of a lot better

cheers

just for interest sake,
    I have fitted the Turbo & Intercooler off a 2006 GU4.2 (about 5 years ago now - great thread dig qldmarty)

have yet to get it duno'd with the Gas running correctly,
    but the figures were
    118Kw & 320Nm

but my fuel economy is

diesel only - 13.2l/100
    diesel and Gas - 12.5l/100

so even WITH the extra cost of the Gas - it is cheaper to run with the Gas on
    Last edited by Bigcol; 29th May 2016 at 09:12 PM.
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigcol For This Useful Post:

katwoman (3rd February 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcol View Post
    just for interest sake,
    I have fitted the Turbo & Intercooler off a 2006 GU4.2 (about 5 years ago now - great thread dig qldmarty)

have yet to get it duno'd with the Gas running correctly,
    but the figures were
    118Kw & 320Nm

but my fuel economy is

diesel only - 13.2l/100
    diesel and Gas - 12.5l/100

so even WITH the extra cost of the Gas - it is cheaper to run with the Gas on
    Got to disagree Big Col the way Im seeing it is your buying fuel from 2 sources now.
    With those figures you posted I find it hard to believe its cheaper, I may have missed
    something though lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Got to disagree Big Col the way Im seeing it is your buying fuel from 2 sources now.
    With those figures you posted I find it hard to believe its cheaper, I may have missed
    something though lol
    thats the total for Diesel & Gas, both brought at the same time
    170L Diesel & 32L Gas

because the Gas burns at 110%, it is burning all the diesel, and it is more efficient, less foot to the floor
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi mate
    i know this thread is old BUT ive got a gas injection on my old girl .was done at 295000km on my 96 GQTD42 black top BUT I PUT A DENCO TURBO KIT ON THEN THE GAS INJECTION THE POWER READING WENT FROM 116RWKW with turbo then to 163RWKW ITs a weapon .and bloody amazing on fuel 100ltr diesel and 20lrs gas gives me 1000km the gas system is set up to come on when water temp reaches 40deg an example we travelled 3890km in 4.5 days towing a 9x5caged trailer 1100km it was empty rest of way chock a block full and heavy with the wgn full to back doors and our av fuel was 13.2 ltr per 100km it purrs like a kitten we have done just over 115000km since install and still can't be happier great investment we have well an truely got our $$$ back turbo kit was 4k gas 4k but we had it done when rebates were big we recieved 3k back from goverment for us well worth th the $$$$ spent

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve rees For This Useful Post:

in4m3 (5th June 2017), threedogs (20th January 2021)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi mate
    i know this thread is old BUT ive got a gas injection on my old girl .was done at 295000km on my 96 GQTD42 black top BUT I PUT A DENCO TURBO KIT ON THEN THE GAS INJECTION THE POWER READING WENT FROM 116RWKW with turbo then to 163RWKW ITs a weapon .and bloody amazing on fuel 100ltr diesel and 20lrs gas gives me 1000km the gas system is set up to come on when water temp reaches 40deg an example we travelled 3890km in 4.5 days towing a 9x5caged trailer 1100km it was empty rest of way chock a block full and heavy with the wgn full to back doors and our av fuel was 13.2 ltr per 100km it purrs like a kitten we have done just over 115000km since install and still can't be happier great investment we have well an truely got our $$$ back turbo kit was 4k gas 4k but we had it done when rebates were big we recieved 3k back from goverment for us well worth th the $$$$ spent the system is a 80% DIESEL 20%GAS MIX ANY MORE AND BOOM DETENATION

11. The Following User Says Thank You to steve rees For This Useful Post:

katwoman (3rd February 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well worth revisiting the diesel/lpg topic again after years.. see where the development is at.
    I can appreciate the discussion that Evolution and Ynot where having on the topic.
    Especially given the emissions factor. Just on my 2 cents worth. as my experience with the Team Green in Brissy.. i had them service my XR6 Duel fuel system.. wasn't impressed. I wouldn't go back and let them touch any vehicle i own again.
    Thanks for that discussion.
    cheers

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking to someone who had gas on diesel patrol comp truck. He said the way he's is set up saves fuel cost but doesn't really gain boost. He said that there are three different ways of setting Gas/Diesel systems. I'll try to get this right.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chandkumar3g For This Useful Post:

threedogs (20th January 2021)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456