OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can You remember all the cars you have ever owned? Regsistered/Unregistered.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Can You remember all the cars you have ever owned? Regsistered/Unregistered.

My starts back with a XW fairmont wagon and a XT falcon wagon as parts for XW. (young and didn't know what I was doing eventually sold off.

Mazda Bongo Van, was going to drive to WA and was told bulldust holes would swallow me up and Id be stranded, so sold it and stayed here.Some where fits story of Mrs getting caught driving unreg, no lic, & false plates. that's another thread.

ZG fairlane, rusty sills, around rear screen, (still didn't know anything) someone I trusted stuffed with carby and it wouldn't even run anymore.

Chrysler by chrysler CM model originally from a wrecker and had been bodged badly got rid of.

A couple of of valiants VJ type. Still lack of knowledge and listening to bad info.

Couple of speedway/ demo berby cars: ej holden, xc falcon, centura. But only actually used XC.

Toyota crown that had a dead motor and apparently was the rarest of crown motors and couldn't get parts. I was told the box wouldn't mount to other crown motors. SCRAP.

Austin Kimberely ended up going to scrap because no mate was interested in helping me with engine diagnostics.

little early dato 1200 with no keys to get into it. sold to a friend. it had no rust.

Couple of dodge trucks, one was on a HQ chasis with fabricated sides to suit and was advised wouldn't pass modification tag so stipped and sold.

Since all the above I learnt and grew. Regrets yeah sure. But no Dad since aged 14, I had no one around to guide me past those who use your vulnerability to people out to make a buck and lead you on.
    So I've learn't the hard way.

So then I went on to own a HK ute that I used to drive around Glenwood(near gympie) unreg with no floor in tray painted house paint white.

Eventually getting an XB GS Falcon wagon that was pretty rusty but got Rego. It lasted a while until I traded to a mate who owned a wrecking yard in Loganholme against a HZ holden wagon.

It was my baby, I put hotwires with 235/?/14 TA's on it, with UHF and SSB sets, 6 speaker racket maker, spotties. I camped,fished, worked in this beast.I still mis it.

Alas a Boral semi decided I didn't need my beast anymore and took me on @ Ma Ma Creek Rd. Lucky by the time we hit was low speed impact and I walked away.

From there we went to an XE falcon wagon. It was just a hack.

Got a VC commodore wagon and sold the XE. Found the commodore to small inside.

Traded it for another hz which turned out to be clagged.

So went for loan on patrol/cruiser and bought VS commodore. which was written off by Indian Taxi driver.

next car to get around in was VN commodore which was another hack.
    Then bought VX bvefroe getting FINLY.

Have also had 2x 1966 era dato utes, 1 neededserious cut and shut pillar and roof job and other was parts. A toyota small truck never got round to rego, and recently made money on a VN commodore and Corolla that I bought cheap and sold.

So very determineed to finish Valiant,Austin and F truck.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've had more cars than I've had hot breakfasts!

For me, 1st car '89 N13 Pulsar SSS.

2nd '89 R31 Skyline Silhouette GTSII (no.30 of 200 made)

3rd '92 GQ ST wagon 4.2 EFI/gas. 2" susp and 2" body lift, 33" BFG AT's

4th '99 GU DX wagon 4.2 na diesel. Fitted Nissan turbo kit off a wreck, 3" exhaust, 5" susp, 33" BFG AT's, front air locker, Kaymar rear bar, winch in factory steel bullbar, safari snorkel.

5th '94 GQ RX wagon 4.2 EFI/gas injected, 5" susp lift, 33" Mickey T MTZ's, GU diffs F&R, font ARB locker, rear TJM locker, TJM steel winch bar with Warn winch.

6th '03 GU ST 3l auto wagon as seen in my members ride thread.

7th '94 WD21 Terrano 2.7 TD "Nugget".

7 cars, ALL NISSANS.

Tony
    Last edited by YNOT; 5th April 2011 at 07:12 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, Let's see
    TX Gemini
    VB Commodore
    LH Torana
    Mazda 626
    Nissan Pintara
    HQ panelvan
    XD Falcon
    VE Valiant
    Holden Appolo
    VF Valiant
    VL Commodore
    Honda Accord
    VX Commodore
    Landrover Discovery I
    Hyundai Snata Fe
    Mighty Patrol

+a few bikes and a few I can't remember probably

order is not 100% correct.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post
    You've had more cars than I've had hot breakfasts!

For me, 1st car '89 N13 Pulsar SSS.

2nd '89 R31 Skyline Silhouette GTSII (no.30 of 200 made)

3rd '92 GQ ST wagon 4.2 EFI/gas. 2" susp and 2" body lift, 33" BFG AT's

4th '99 GU DX wagon 4.2 na diesel. Fitted Nissan turbo kit off a wreck, 3" exhaust, 5" susp, 33" BFG AT's, front air locker, Kaymar rear bar, winch in factory steel bullbar, safari snorkel.

5th '94 GQ RX wagon 4.2 EFI/gas injected, 5" susp lift, 33" Mickey T MTZ's, GU diffs F&R, font ARB locker, rear TJM locker, TJM steel winch bar with Warn winch.

*NOW FOR SALE has been put back to standard.

6th '03 GU ST 3l auto wagon as seen in my members ride thread.

7th '94 WD21 Terrano 2.7 TD "Nugget".

7 cars, ALL NISSANS.

Tony
    You my friend have some taste for Quality Nissans

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissPat View Post
    Hmmm, Let's see
    TX Gemini
    VB Commodore
    LH Torana
    Mazda 626
    Nissan Pintara
    HQ panelvan
    XD Falcon
    VE Valiant
    Holden Appolo
    VF Valiant
    VL Commodore
    Honda Accord
    VX Commodore
    Landrover Discovery I
    Hyundai Snata Fe
    Mighty Patrol

+a few bikes and a few I can't remember probably

order is not 100% correct.
    Where are the Vals NOW?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,809 Times in 8,593 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Havent had that many.

Hilux, VB commodore, xf ute, VY Commodore, FJ45, GQ, GU family car, then had 3 work cars (camry, Prado, Hilux).

Still got an old Ford Laser paddock bomb somewhere out the back...lol

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't owned many cars, only been driving 5 years:

1. Citroen AX 1991 1.0L petrol, 3 door, 4 speed manual, White
    great for being lightweight, so accellerated well, however pretty sure it was made from tin and plastic

2. Skoda Fabia 1999 1.4L petrol, 5 door, 5 speed manual, Yellow
    very nippy car, and very reilable (basically a cheapo VW)

3. Ford Telstar TX5 Ghia 1991 2.2L petrol, 5 door, 3 speed auto, Grey
    very comfy, but i dont like autos

4. Mitsubishi Lancer VRX 2009 2.4L petrol, 5 door, 5 speed manual, Blue (current)
    love this car sooooooo much. So much fun to drive

5. Nissan Patrol GQ ST 1997 2.8L TD, 5 Door? 5 Speed Manual, Maroon & Silver (current)
    biggest thing i've ever driven, but drives like a normal sized car.

2 cars i want to own:
    Mini Cooper S JCW (non-cabrio version) - black with union jack on the roof (for the every day car)
    Lamborghini Murcielago LP670 SV (a girl can dream - right?)
    Last edited by tracemul7; 23rd August 2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: easier on the eyes :D
    2006 GU ST 3.0td manual. CTEK 250S Dual Battery - Ironman 65L Ice Cube - Pioneer AVH-3600DAB - Tough Dog Adj 45mm Shocks, springs and HD steering damper - Airtec Snorkel - King Brown 3" exhaust

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmmm?

First car was Mazda RX4 13B Rotary 4 door! Massive 4 barrel sitting on top the thing went like the clappers. => Canaries an thought it would be too hard to make good...Damn it should have fixed her up.

HZ Prem Wagon with a 308. bit of a slug after the 13B but a great big wagon and cruised down the road. => wrote it off a couple of times then sold it as a wreck for a big loss.

Datsun 1600 wagon with an 1800 in it, gave it a hard time and carries half a ton of tools around in it for a year. I did a run from Eastern suburbs Melbourne to Geelong with 6m lengths of steel on the roof rack once. Funny as hell. Silly boy i was. Went to wreckers when i went over seas for a couple of years.

HJZ75 LandCruiser Tray back up in PNG for a couple of years. Great car.

Toyota HiAce LWB diesel till it blew up and traded

Mitsubishi Starwagon for a couple of year when i got home (company car) went like a rocket. Rung its neck.

Early Laser was a great little car.

XF fairmont Ghia => Brought this off a friend!! THE WORST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. This was a bucket of puss. My "Friend" had driven it into the ground and should have sent it to the smelter for crushing but took my hard earned with a dodgy roadie to boot. I got this car cause it was on LPG and i was running down the hwy to work. This was a permanent bleed and cost way way more to keep running than the savings off LPG. Cost me a fortune and a friendship. I took it into SIMS on a trailer and watched them drive over it with an excavator before ripping the roof off and then dropping from a great height.

1985 Hilux with a 2lt Petrol. Single cab, full of rust, full builders rack on the back, Fire engine Red, Looked Tough as and got me into 4wding in a big way.

Went looking for a good tourer after joining a club and after much much discussion and realising the far better value in the GQ over the 80 series bought a 1992 Mav with a TD42. I had been looking for a year, i had been a Toyota all the way kinda guy but the right people told me that the 80s were nice to sit in but for hard stuff the GQ was tougher than though.

I found the Mav with a TD42 sitting on its belly in a wholesale yard with 250,000kms and no lift. a roof rack and sun viser and a rooted clutch. paid $15,000 and never looked back. See my build in the sig line.

A mitsubishi Pajero IO for the misses, like a RAV4 but little Paj. had a dual transfer case and rear and centre Diff lock as standard. should have kept it and turned it into a little bush truck but the after market parts for it were basically no existent and lots of guys here may never have heard on one. Think i might go get a Zuk

Traded the Paj in on the GU IV TD42Ti => GREAT TRADE!!!!

Also have a BA XR6 Ute that i have commuted to work in for the last 6 years, getting a bit long in the tooth now but never ever given me any real trouble and been very neglected. Would buy a new one in a blink, great to drive and like the look of them.

still got a couple of Bikes in the shed that dont get ridden enough.

Thats me.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tracemul7 View Post
    I haven't owned many cars, only been driving 5 years:

1. Citroen AX 1991 1.0L petrol, 3 door, 4 speed manual, White
    great for being lightweight, so accellerated well, however pretty sure it was made from tin and plastic

2. Skoda Fabia 1999 1.4L petrol, 5 door, 5 speed manual, Yellow
    very nippy car, and very reilable (basically a cheapo VW)

3. Ford Telstar TX5 Ghia 1991 2.2L petrol, 5 door, 3 speed auto, Grey
    very comfy, but i dont like autos

4. Mitsubishi Lancer VRX 2009 2.4L petrol, 5 door, 5 speed manual, Blue (current)
    love this car sooooooo much. So much fun to drive

5. Nissan Patrol GQ ST 1997 2.8L TD, 5 Door? 5 Speed Manual, Maroon & Silver (current)
    biggest thing i've ever driven, but drives like a normal sized car.

2 cars i want to own:
    Mini Cooper S JCW (non-cabrio version) - black with union jack on the roof (for the every day car)
    Lamborghini Murcielago LP670 SV (a girl can dream - right?)
    Yep dreams are free

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toyota Corolla
    Yamaha 250cc motorcycle
    Datsun Stanza
    Zook (one of the first 4cyls)
    Holden HZ 4.2 Panel Van
    Ford XD Panel Van (decked out for overnight accommodation)
    Yamaha 750cc motorcycle
    Ford Laser
    Holden Torana
    Ford EB sedan
    Toyota Tarago
    Holden Barina (work car as a franchisee)
    Holden VX wagon
    2005 Nissan Patrol ute

I've just realized where all my money's gone!!! lolol
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast