Thread: Truly Stunning Time lapse video

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Wow, just fantastic work, (thanks for posting) i can really appreciate the dedication and time invested to capture such images, this is a prime example of utilising a DSLR and HDR to produce outstanding HD video.

I can definately see myself getting into this type of photography/video in years to come, night time long exposure shots are already one of my most enjoyable forms of photography.
    I just love all this sort of stuff, can watch it for hours and hours................... I can't even take a decent photo without causing some sort of blur through shaking

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Two huge thumbs up clunky!!

Thanks for posting that link mate, that was absolutely stunning and very very inspiring. I wanna go outback again ASAP and would love to be able to do that sort of stuff.

How do you reckon he did the camera travel thing? Would have to be moving very slowly.
    I believe he would have had the camera on a motorised track of some sort.................. and alot of patience for the camera to take a shot every few seconds or so and then stitch it all together again to make a film.............. I can't imagine how long it would have take him to make this and would I have had the patience!!!?????........ Hell No!!!!! hahhahaha

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WOW, that was truly amazing. I was mesmerised

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Two huge thumbs up clunky!!

How do you reckon he did the camera travel thing? Would have to be moving very slowly.
    As i understand it, he uses a motorised time lapse dolly (about $900) comprises of a board (or dolly) that is pulled along a 6ft rail (up to 10ft long) by a small 12v motor via a drive belt, the camera (a full frame ,Canon 5D mk11 in this case) is attached to the dolly using a tripod ballhead (the top of a camera tripod) the whole thing sequence controlled by a user programed electronic control box.

http://dynamicperception.com/?main_p...ress&page_id=2

The camera is set to use bracketed shutter openings of different exposure (normally 3 images per shot/frame), this allows blending of the images (also RAW file capture) using a PC later, to end up with High Dynamic Range (or HDR as it is known)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

The hard part would be the time setting everything up, from the location, lighting, correct sky, direction, foreground, time sequence etc,etc, needless to say, even once familiar with the hardware and the camera, it would take hours to shoot, just to find out if it was any good, maybe days (or nights) to get what you want ?

Its on my "to do list" ,one day when i have some PC skills and the right gear
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Clunk (14th October 2011), growler2058 (12th October 2011), patch697 (11th October 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clunk71 View Post
    Just spotted this on another forum and thought you guys may like it............. sorry but I'm not clever enough to work out how to embed the video, maybe someone can show me one day lol.............. anyway watch it on a full screen if possible, it blew me away

http://vimeo.com/dustinfarrell/landscapes2
    Top stuff mate. I just spent a couple of hours at the vimeo website watching all of Dustins videos and trying to find out how he does it! Absolutely awesome...

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    more video added at the front of this thread for your interest
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Clunk (14th October 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a real feast for the eyes!!
    -03 Toyota LandCruiser 3.0 GX Arctic Truck
    -91 Nissan Patrol 2.8 tdi 38"
    If You're Gonna Be Dumb,
    You Gotta Be Tough!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, that is unreal, the world is an impressive place and this captures it in its essence.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123