Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too dark a tinting on your windows warning

a lot of talk last week on this subject
    there was a fella who owns on the run servos
    has a $1.000.000 rolls phantom got pulled over for too dark a tinting
    been on tv and all the radio chat stations with every one giving their opinion
    police came on one and clarified the situation
    as of january 2011 windows cant be less than 35% in all states and territories
    so those of us who purchaced a patrol and it came from QLD and it is very dark
    guess what you have to change it
    mine has a reading of13%so down to scorpion tintingto get it looked at and clarify the situation
    he said the same a the police
    well booked it in for the 10th october to get done he gave me an apointment card
    on the way home got pulled over by the police they went through the window situation with me
    i explained what i had just done showed him the card
    he then rang them to confirm
    let me off the $250 fine and the canarie but have to go to police station tuesday to confirm
    and they will check it out with their light meter
    so we need to get it checked as they are red hot on this in S.A.
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to my third 256 For This Useful Post:

AB (10th October 2011), Clunk (10th October 2011), Finly Owner (10th October 2011), Mark S (11th October 2011), Maxhead (10th October 2011), patch697 (10th October 2011), Sir Roofy (11th October 2011), snicko (10th October 2011), The BigFella (6th May 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate, I've always stuck to legal tint as was expecting something like this....have been waiting for 15 odd years though...lol
    Thanks for the info mate

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've pulled this off the net for those who are still unsure on the new laws.

State Tinting Laws

Safe driving requires the driver to have the best possible vision of the road users. Any reduction in driver visibility particularly in poor light conditions will lead to a reduction in safety.

Tinted windows may reduce driver vision if not applied accordingly to state and territory regulations. Therefore it is desirable that the light transmittance of windows on a motor vehicle is not reduced below 35%*.

A tinted or opaque band across the top of the windscreen is permitted providing it is no lower than 10% of the height of the windscreen & is above the portion of the windscreen swept by the wipers. Tinted film must not be reflective or mirror like as it can dazzle other drivers by reflecting sunlight or headlight beams.
    Vehicle with factory-tinted glass

Most new vehicles are fitted with tinted window glass. This tint is very light and glass may at first appear to be clear. To check, hold a piece of white paper on the opposite side of the glass. If it has a slight gray, green or brown colour when viewed through the glass, then the glass is tinted.

Special grades of film may be applied to factory tinted windows. When these films are applied to tinted glass, the combination of tints must still allow 35% visual light transmittance**.
    Last edited by patch697; 10th October 2011 at 08:53 AM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to patch697 For This Useful Post:

AB (10th October 2011), Clunk (10th October 2011), Finly Owner (10th October 2011), HammerBuilder (13th May 2012), my third 256 (10th October 2011), NissanGQ4.2 (10th October 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This makes me mad... i dont believe there is a need to have laws on tinting windows. Just keep it to no tinting on windscreens and leave the rest alone.
    2001 GU series II 3.0 TD.
    2" lift
    Dual Battery System
    ARB Snorkel
    Awesome car!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Effen great wifeys Prado (sorry for swearing) has factory "privacy" tint, and it looks black. How do i check the percentage?? Does this law affect tint before Jan?? If so I'll be going back to the dealer and sqwakin BIG TIME

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hmmmmmmmm now does this apply to all windows or do you think you maybe able to get away with just lightening the front 2..................... after all how can it be any different to driving a van!!!!!/??????

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a strong advocate for legal tint.

Have you ever tried looking out of a window with illegal tint with rain beaded (droplets of rain) on the glass - daytime and night time?
    How many times have you seen it bucketing down and the driver's getting soaked because they have to put their window down because the window tint is too dark?

Even legal tint on a wet rainy night can be challenging!

Rant over. Case closed.

Take care out there.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

macca (11th October 2011), The BigFella (6th May 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clunk71 View Post
    hmmmmmmmm now does this apply to all windows or do you think you maybe able to get away with just lightening the front 2..................... after all how can it be any different to driving a van!!!!!/??????
    True! and come to think of it wifeys ride (no not me hahahahahahah) front windows arent as dark as the rear doors back

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 many rules, need to regain our rights
    1998 GU RD28 2 in LIFT 275 75 16 MUDDIES MORE GOODIES TO COME
    I STARTED OUT WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    I've pulled this off the net for those who are still unsure on the new laws.

State Tinting Laws

Safe driving requires the driver to have the best possible vision of the road users. Any reduction in driver visibility particularly in poor light conditions will lead to a reduction in safety.

Tinted windows may reduce driver vision if not applied accordingly to state and territory regulations. Therefore it is desirable that the light transmittance of windows on a motor vehicle is not reduced below 35%*.
    blah blah blah, but yet i can have a pillar pod, dash pod, gps, mobile phone holder + many more gadgets that blocks my vision 2 some extent......, dare say they will probable make them all illegal 2.

90% percent of the time I'm 2 busy checking my speedo 2 make sure I'm not speeding than looking out on the road and whats going on around me, so lest ban speedo's 2 just as a safety concern

what a load of sh!t.

P.s: Paul, not having a go at you by any means, just my view
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Lewy (9th April 2012), snicko (10th October 2011)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast