User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Air Locker Install unveils nasty stuff

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I DID have a puller but someone obviously wanted it more than me. Pretty standard really. Work on someone's car and they steal your tools. I guess I'll pay the cash just to get the ute rolling again. I did consider the grinder option but to save any unforeseen mishaps, I think I'll just wait for the puller.. Yeah, I do know the bearing pulling tips and no advance apologies needed :-) but thanks for the advice, it's good to know there are people ready and willing to get it out there for everyone. I didn't find your post though with the photos and stuff, but I'll keep trolling around and have a look
    2006 4.2TDi GU Cab Chassis - Twin Locked with extra....stuff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Growlers put up a thread that covers this under General Mechanical Discussions withthe title 'Renewing Swivel Hub Seals' I dunno how to grab a link from here, but this is the short cut from Google

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&so...Nc7IMFeVOx83sw

Ynot did the photo illustrated thread, I'll see if I can find where it is - aha, it is linked from page 4 of Growler's thread.

If you have a press maybe those paired half round separators could sneak in under the race, and then sit on the press table, and....well, you can work out the rest :-)
    Last edited by Silver; 7th October 2011 at 01:07 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah cheers for that link mate, I must of missed growlers thread this arv. Hopefully I can post better news here tomorow after the diff comes out.. But for now I'm off to bed

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...change-a-gu-cv heres the link that Ynot posted a brilliant how to

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the diff got removed this morning and fortunately, it only seems like surface rust inside. Quite puzzling noting there was a full compliment of oil sloshing around inside. Diff was discolored but cleaned up well. Oh well, I guess time will be spent cleaning rust now.

On a side note, has anyone heard of treating rust with diesel and molasses? An ols school mechanic told me to try it as it dissolves rust. Never heard of the molasses bit personally..

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, bloke I know who did up old Chev's used it, but that's all I know - he didn't mention Diesel. Maybe see what Google turns up?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm i wonder what interesting chemical reaction causes molasses to get rid of the rust ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally.....after a mammoth effort in de rusting, chiseling, wire brushing, Both air lockers are in, everything is clean, no leaks, wheels actually turn. Now it's time to go and get real dirty. Sorta wishing wet season would hurry up :-) now one big question I have is.... Does anyone have the GU workshop manual? I have the GQ one from this forum, thank to growlers71gq, but having a copy of the GU one would be nice

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good effort Bakes!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and tip for young players..go easy on the rattle gun..my hired help got a little keen. Only snapped 2 bolts , but now as I've found out, have to take the RHS disc off and easy out them. Don't think he was to game in telling me till I actually had it back together :-(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast