Thread: Back seat in MQ swb?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back seat in MQ swb?

Hi, My hubby and I are looking
    in to getting an old Nissan Patrol MQ swb on the road, (well thats what we think it is) to use as a camping /fishing weekender, or just for fun, it has been sitting in a farm shed for years after having a new engine put in, and apart from a few minor details should be easy to get back on the road, the main thing we are wanting to know is can we legally/safely put out small kids in the back seat that it has in it with their booster seats? have been trying to find out via the internet but had no luck so far and i amwondering if the back seat that is in it is even legal?

Sorry I don't know much :red faced:

Thankyou Michelle
    Last edited by patch697; 27th September 2011 at 01:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G/day from a local.....lol

Is the back east a genuine one if so then with a the proper child restraint fitted I cant see why not.

If your putting this Rig back on the road then whoever you get to do the RWC should be able to advise you anyway.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to patch697 For This Useful Post:

Michelle (27th September 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I think it is a genuine one, it has been a little while since I seen it and it has a few inches of dust in side :/ but since the old shed she was in fell down aroud her she hasn't been touched, may take a drive with the kids over the next few days and have a closer look, may even take a few pics too.
    Cheers for the info

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Yes I think it is a genuine one, it has been a little while since I seen it and it has a few inches of dust in side :/ but since the old shed she was in fell down aroud her she hasn't been touched, may take a drive with the kids over the next few days and have a closer look, may even take a few pics too.
    Cheers for the info
    Im in Dim so if you need a hand with it just yell.... ( I should here you from here...........hahahahaha)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to patch697 For This Useful Post:

Michelle (27th September 2011)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is what the book say's about the seats

9. The Following User Says Thank You to k1981 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd October 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seat is legal and yes you will need the appropiate anchor points fitted.

What headlights do you have in your shorty? Round = MQ, Square(Rectangular) = MK.

I love the ol' patrols, I own a MK wagon. What motor is yours running?

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So finaly got a few pics up Yay!! check it out here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...hp?albumid=217
    Any feed back/advice welcome
    Cheers

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SWB have 2 different rear seats
    A 2 seater and a 3 seater
    The 2 seater will be narrower of course and the 3 seater will sit up over the rear wheel arches more
    The seat belt anchor points are attached to the actuall seat , not the floor ,like in the front
    On your ID plate will have "Seating capacity" this will tell you IF its a 4 seater or 5 seater
    Looking at your pics, and dont take to much offense
    Id be looking for a better starting point, and use this blue one as a spares car
    IF the diesel engine hasnt been started for a while,like a few years, the fuel will be stale, and need a full system flush, new filters and possibly the injectors cleaned professionaly
    From the pics, theres a bit of panel damage, and the interior shots seems pritty ruff
    All the bits are around, some dear, some cheap people dont bother and just throw out
    If doing it as a project is what ya want, theyre failly basic, but for a grand or more id get one complete and running
    Last edited by MQ MAD; 2nd October 2011 at 09:25 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MQ MAD For This Useful Post:

Michelle (3rd October 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said by MQ Mad, it is a big reto job, but, if this holds a lot of sentimental value, then nothing can replace that. You will need a good body worker( hopefully you or your partner), Some nice 16" wheels, and please I don't mean to be rude...but...replace that ugly bullbar with something more road use friendly. I think the inside will clean up mostly with a blow out, and replace the seats and door cards with some GC 2nd hand ones, they are readily available as your colour was massively used.

If you are thinking of doing upgrades; Lift, Locker diffs, Snorkel, Bullbar, lights etc. Think about doing them as part of your restoration build, so that you are not paying for parts twice. An eg is: you probably need spring bushes, so instead of putting them in and new standard shocks, why not put in the Lifted springs(if you are going to) fitted with new bushes and new shocks to match.

If you have any questions ask here or start a seperate thread in the related subject, OR PM me.

Tim

I write this only because you ask for feedback/advice, and I wanted to encourage you.
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Finly Owner For This Useful Post:

Michelle (3rd October 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the encouragements, and yes I feel this Mq has a bit of sentimental value to it, we have a bit of help with knollage and know how in our family and friends group as far as mechanics and panel work go, so hoping between us all we will get this old girl going one way or another will keep update coming as it progresses alltho it may be a slow one.
    Cheers Michelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast