Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting of personal information

To all members.

This is a world wide public forum & posting personal contact details is never a good idea.

We've provided everyone with a PM (Private Message) box as a point of contact to prevent the need to post personal information on the forum itself for your own protection.

So when posting adds of any kind or any other posts that require you to be contacted

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR PERSONAL CONTACT DETAILS

Simply include "Please PM me" in your post.

NOTE: PRIVATE MESSAGES ARE EXACTLY THAT & CAN NOT BE SEEN BY ANY OTHER THEN THERE INTENDED.
    These messages can not be viewed publicly, this makes it a safe environment to exchange personal contact information.

For those of you who are unsure how to PM (Private Message) someone its quite simple.

Click on the user name of the person you wish to PM, this will take you to that members "PROFILE" or home page.
    When at there profile on the left hand top of the page just under user name & avatar you will see "SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE" click on this & you go to a page that looks much the same as posting a new thread. Enter a description (ie. your name or a reason for the PM) in the titles bar & type your message in the box below.

When you have finished typing your message simply go to the bottom of the page & click on SUBMIT MESSAGE & your all done.

If you have received a PM from someone, the "Notifications" at the top right hand corner of the page (this appears on every page opened) will be highlighted.
    Simply click on it & then click on the drop down box that will appear directly underneath it & this will take you directly to your Notification.
    When finished, to exit just click on the forum button or whats new button at the top of the page.

We are extremely focused on protecting our members privacy here but we can only do so much, the rest is up to you so play it smart & keep your personal information safe.

Best regards
    Paul

P.s. If anyone has any questions in regards to this post, please PM me & I will be happy to assist in any way.

(To help make it easy for members to contact me I have provided a direct link to my PM box in my signature at the bottom of this post.)
    Last edited by patch697; 24th September 2011 at 10:25 AM.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to patch697 For This Useful Post:

2TROLLFAM (7th March 2012), AB (25th September 2011), Clunk (24th September 2011), DX grunt (24th September 2011), Finly Owner (24th September 2011), frenzy (25th September 2011), GUtsy ute (24th September 2011), macca (24th September 2011), Maxhead (24th September 2011), MC97GQ (25th September 2011), my third 256 (2nd June 2012), NissanGQ4.2 (8th October 2011), snicko (28th November 2011), taslucas (4th October 2011), Woof (24th September 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump 2 this great post form Paul.

Guys n Girls, it is really up to the individual to post personal contact info, Just be very aware it is not just forum members that can view posts and the personal contact info you display.

Cheers

Todd
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 2nd June 2012 at 06:29 AM.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Dr Gary (1st March 2013)