User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tb42 carby on hills

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good stuff fellas iam new to carby motors hopfuly ill be able to get it out on the weekend and see how it goes
    06 gu4 dx zd30 with toughdog adjustables, swaybar discos, custom built rearbar sliders and cargo draws, 305/70/16 maxxis bighorns, warnxd9000 with rope,ipf spoties,provent200,boost and egt gauges.
    89 gq swb tb42 auto soon to be the weekend offroad toy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a little bit off topic but a bloke I know has a 350chev in a hilux and had to has issues with steep uphill climbs as the floats are nth-sth and had to get a carb with east/west or similar. However I would think as above an offroad 4b motor surely takes this into account

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    Maybe a little bit off topic but a bloke I know has a 350chev in a hilux and had to has issues with steep uphill climbs as the floats are nth-sth and had to get a carb with east/west or similar. However I would think as above an offroad 4b motor surely takes this into account
    A fairly common conversion is to put in a 350 holley. These apparently run better but they have issues with hills. Recarb use a 350 holley but convert it to a 330 with their special kit to elliminate the problem on hills (this may be the nth-sth to east west conversion?). this is designed for the TB42 engine.

But like i said earlier, i dont know of any issues that the original carby has on his.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12