Thread: LED Headlight's VS Fletcha's HID's

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_fletch View Post
    Something i have noticed which might be just me, i am running the 6000k, my housemate runs the 4300k.. I find on wet roads at night that the 4300 are alot clearer than my 6000k.. Mine seem to reflect off the road more from the water..
    Have you noticed the same thing Paul?
    Is it all to do with the amount of blue light that comes out???? the higher the K number the closer to blue light the output is???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yer the 6000k are Pure white with a little hint of blue.. At night it still craps on the old halogen globes, but i looove the colour of them lol.. Thats why i have 6 x 6000k Driving lights on the front, just to make sure i can see either side of the road
    Qualified Auto-Electrician
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

4. The Following User Says Thank You to big_fletch For This Useful Post:

Clunk (17th September 2011)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something i have noticed which might be just me, i am running the 6000k, my housemate runs the 4300k.. I find on wet roads at night that the 4300 are alot clearer than my 6000k.. Mine seem to reflect off the road more from the water..
    Have you noticed the same thing Paul?
    I don't get it so much from the 5000k's but the 6000k's can be a tad reflective.

I find the 5000k's great compensators here & I don't seam to have an issue in the wet.

Just as a natter of interest, when I was reading up on kelvins I found out that 5000k is the closest to natural light that can be artificially reproduced.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yer the 6000k are Pure white with a little hint of blue.. At night it still craps on the old halogen globes, but i looove the colour of them lol.. Thats why i have 6 x 6000k Driving lights on the front, just to make sure i can see either side of the road
    I second that...... Personally I love 6000k & I've tested all from 4600 to 8000 & 6000 is the ducks guts for me. I do like the 5000 though as there great when on there own or in combination with the 6000

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    I don't get it so much from the 5000k's but the 6000k's can be a tad reflective.

I find the 5000k's great compensators here & I don't seam to have an issue in the wet.

Just as a natter of interest, when I was reading up on kelvins I found out that 5000k is the closest to natural light that can be artificially reproduced.
    I believe you are correct Paul, 5000k as far as i know is the closest natural light colour.. 4300k is still a tad yellow, and 6000k is basically pure white.. I have been selling alot of the 6000k kits recently, fitted 3 kits to the front of a Kenworth Truck the other day, including to his Hella Ralle 4000.. Came back in couple of days later and said was the best thing he had ever done.. Might have to get a 5000k kits to test as i haven't used one before so am interested in how the colour compares
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you are correct Paul, 5000k as far as i know is the closest natural light colour.. 4300k is still a tad yellow, and 6000k is basically pure white.. I have been selling alot of the 6000k kits recently, fitted 3 kits to the front of a Kenworth Truck the other day, including to his Hella Ralle 4000.. Came back in couple of days later and said was the best thing he had ever done.. Might have to get a 5000k kits to test as i haven't used one before so am interested in how the colour compares
    Is it 4300 or 4600 or both as I can't remember to tell you the truth?????

As your taken with the 6000k's like me, im tipping you'll like the 5000k & the combo of the too.

I am looking into a halogen globes that could be fitted to a regular flood style driving light for use in fog. Anything you could recommend?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    Is it 4300 or 4600 or both as I can't remember to tell you the truth?????

As your taken with the 6000k's like me, im tipping you'll like the 5000k & the combo of the too.

I am looking into a halogen globes that could be fitted to a regular flood style driving light for use in fog. Anything you could recommend?
    I know and use the 4300k, however i havent heard of the 4600k?? For fog you would be after a real yellow light, i dont know of a globe that produces a real yellow light (in saying that ive never looked for one).. Second option is a 3000k 35w HID kit, would be close to the right colour, just not sure if the light would be to bright.
    Otherwise would have to buy some actual fog lights.. You wanting to fit some on the front of the troll are ya mate?
    Apprentice Sparky

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know and use the 4300k, however i havent heard of the 4600k?? For fog you would be after a real yellow light, i dont know of a globe that produces a real yellow light (in saying that ive never looked for one).. Second option is a 3000k 35w HID kit, would be close to the right colour, just not sure if the light would be to bright.
    Otherwise would have to buy some actual fog lights.. You wanting to fit some on the front of the troll are ya mate?
    Yeah but I was going for some of those little cats eye jobs which I haven't found in fog lights so I was gonna try find a globe tha would do the job.

I did see some time bick (& I can't remember where now) a 55w H3 with a yellow tint on it & it was called a pore weather globe which is what I was trying to chase up but can't seem to find then & I was hoping you may have known about them.

These little things would be no good in a HID. 1, not enough room in the lens (they only just fit a standard). 2, Even in a 35w I reckon they'd be to bright for the job.
    Last edited by patch697; 18th September 2011 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had a quick search and i found the globes you are talking about on ebay with the yellow covering.. What about something like this?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Narva-Con...item1c1eb45431
    Apprentice Sparky

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had a quick search and i found the globes you are talking about on ebay with the yellow covering.. What about something like this?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Narva-Con...item1c1eb45431
    Thanks for the link Fletch...... I'll sit down & do some research tonight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12