OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Coffs Harbour to Sydney Town and somewhere in between.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Coffs Harbour to Sydney Town and somewhere in between.

Coffs Harbour to Sydney Town and somewhere in between.

I am looking for somewhere quiet near the beach that I can set up my camping trailer for the handbrake and 4 young tin lids. I don't want to hustle and bustle of a caravan park in the middle of a town unless it is quiet and near the beach.
    Given my co-travellers, three being female, I need some conveniences be they basic to make life a bit easier.
    I am wanting to stay in the one location for about 7 days so as to unwind.
    It needs to have plenty of things close by to keep all entertained, be it bush lands, walks, more beach, a fish and chip shop.
    Something similar to Bounda National Park would be great (without the f'ing possums) but north of Sydney but south of Coffs.
    I have posted this tread on other forums so as to cast the net far and wide.
    Hopefully someone out there has the local or experienced knowledge I need.
    Regards,
    Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myall Lakes National Park has alot of what you are after and will be quiet this time of year, Campsites are on the lake and the ocean is not that far away.
    A run into Tea Gardens will look after the take aways. There are fire pits, toilets but not showers from memory.
    Seal Rocks and Treachery are top spots a bit further north, staying in Camp grounds. Nice walks from Treachery and ful facilities. Seal Rocks has a shop for all supplies.
    Lots of small comminities from Seal Rocks to Forster on the Lakes Way (Coast road) that have camping with all facilities, lakes one side and ocean the other, plus bowling clubs / pubs for a meal.
    Crowdy Bay National park is the best ocen camp near here and a short 20 minute run into Laurieton, which has everything, shops, cafes, fish co-op, theatre, clubs pubs. Again ocean, lake and river as well. Great walk around Indian Head and long beach you can drive on. Choice of camp sites, kylies is quiet but not as close to the beach.
    South West Rocks, camping at the old jail is fantastic, walks , lighthouse nearby, great views a top spot. All services like Laurieton.
    Pebbly Beach just north of Coffs is a hidden gem, isolated away from the crowds, have a creek crossing to get into camp, can best be done at low / lowish tide, great for kayaking. Its a fair distance from a shop so you need to take everything. Has a toilet not sure about shower. AND the prettiest beach all to yourselves.
    A few ideas
    Macca
    Last edited by macca; 13th September 2011 at 06:27 AM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Macca, I checked out Myall Lakes last night online....looks like heaps to see there. North of Coffs looks the biz too. Thanks for your inside knowledge.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a few camp sites/caravan sites up north of Coffs Harbour, a bit over 3/4 to Grafton, called Wooli/Minnie Waters. It can be crowded but I'm pretty sure that's only the case on long weekends.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what you need is to set up camp for the girls and go to a pub and stay there if you want r and r. HAHA. I just came back from a week at foster, a bit crowded there buy seal rocks, dam nice place. Have a gread holliday anyway