Thread: Nissan Patrol Family Tree

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Right there in bold mate. Y61 is the common name for the Patrol produced after the Y60, us Aussies call it a GU model Patrol, in other countries it might be a Y61 Safari. Same, same. First released is the series 1, every two years or so Nissan release a new variant of that model with slight changes and upgrades, but they remain relatively the same. The first GU/ Y61 was released late 1997 and this shape went up to the series 3, or GUIII, around 2004 (i think). Then the series 4 came along (GUIV) see pic below, early GUII on left and the body change of the GUIV on right, the main cosmetic differences were the headlights (from headlight and indicator being separate to now being as one), flares on the guards are larger, larger tail lights and dash board changes. There is many other things but those are the main things. The new design Y61 GUIV went on until GU8 or 9? Then came along the Series 1 Y62...
    Attachment 86112
    Did I understand correctly that the differences were only cosmetic? The engine, transmission, and everything else important remained the same?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnK View Post
    Did I understand correctly that the differences were only cosmetic? The engine, transmission, and everything else important remained the same?
    The facelift series 4 still retained the direct injection 3L, mid 2006, from memory, the Common Rail 3L was introduced. As far as I know, from then on its all cosmetic. I know of two people who have series 2 Patrols and they converted the look to series 4. So front end, flares and full interior including the dash, except tail lights. Not sure why one would go through all that but each to their own.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456