Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RE4R03A Gearbox Rebuild

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bloody great news there Todd, well done mate, so glad to here that you will be back offroad..
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogman View Post
    Bloody great news there Todd, well done mate, so glad to here that you will be back offroad..
    Thanks mate, just noticed your falling behind me in the post counts, its either from you been offline for a while or I'm talkin more sh!t than you these days *L*
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Todd for the very informative thread. I have recently been told that we need to upgrade our automatic gearbox and it will cost $3,800. So you can imagine I am a bit concerned and thought I should get a second opinion. Your photos have helped to reinforce that I don't think I want my Tony stuck in his shed for ages fixing the gearbox, while our mates are out there getting dirty, and camping. cheers rellbell

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellbell View Post
    Thanks Todd for the very informative thread. I have recently been told that we need to upgrade our automatic gearbox and it will cost $3,800. So you can imagine I am a bit concerned and thought I should get a second opinion. Your photos have helped to reinforce that I don't think I want my Tony stuck in his shed for ages fixing the gearbox, while our mates are out there getting dirty, and camping. cheers rellbell
    Thanks mate, reminds me I need 2 update this thread.

Is that price for a workshop 2 do it????? If I had 2 ever do it again, I would just but an exchange box and save some $$$ should only take a weekend 2 rip one out and put one back in.....but then again if I didn't care about $$$ I would get someone else 2 do it *L*

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    Thanks mate, reminds me I need 2 update this thread.

Is that price for a workshop 2 do it????? If I had 2 ever do it again, I would just but an exchange box and save some $$$ should only take a weekend 2 rip one out and put one back in.....but then again if I didn't care about $$$ I would get someone else 2 do it *L*
    Yes that is the price for the workshop 2 do it. I hadn't considered an exchange gearbox, that's a great idea.

Don't get me wrong about money, like I tell Tony there is no money, so there is no problems, but on the same token, I would prefer that my car isn't off the road for too long, and my husband not under too much pressure/stress. cheers rellbell

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great story toddrhind love all the pics. I am thinking of giving mine a service soon and had a bit of trouble working out what oil to use, what made you choose the Syn GW stuff a recomendation?? my local auto shop recomended a penrite oil but I Use Caltex oils at the their website recomends texamatic 1888 (dexron3) but then has a note at the bottom to only use nissan D2 oil??
    Thanks again for the informative posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Killametre View Post
    Great story toddrhind love all the pics. I am thinking of giving mine a service soon and had a bit of trouble working out what oil to use, what made you choose the Syn GW stuff a recomendation?? my local auto shop recomended a penrite oil but I Use Caltex oils at the their website recomends texamatic 1888 (dexron3) but then has a note at the bottom to only use nissan D2 oil??
    Thanks again for the informative posts
    No recommendation mate, a company I worked for once upon a time has a cash sale account with them, thought I would try them out. My old man is an ex diesel mechanic and also owns a Patrol with same gearbox, I asked him about it and he said it would be ok 2 use..... he is also now running it as well.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too easy thanks

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just serviced mine today the filter change was easy the bolts were already out rolling around in the pan Doh!! some peanut must not have tightened them last service!!!!! all looked ok though no other surprises and the filter was still in position i dont think it can fall out as it would hit on the bottom of the pan ???

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic write up thanks !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast