Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellbell View Post
    Yes it is the LHS. but did not have to take off kick panel. all i had to do was take out glove box and support. It was the one in the middle and is blue square one. the same as the ones above the fuse panel. The other two are black and round. thanks again Tony
    Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply, this information I am sure will help other people out.

I am glad you got it sorted.

Cheers Rodney

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is like Demtel hey "But wait there's more". Tony and I tootling along the back streets of Cairns last night and you guessed it, cough wheeze Stop.

There is nothing more mournful (and little bit costly) than your pride and joy being loaded onto the back of a truck for a midnight run home. hey. Well the racq man and tony(who had left his tools at home in the shed) have traced it back to that bloody fuel pump again, so when he gets home from work he will probably pull it out again. I can tell you we are nearly over this. We gave all you fellas on the forum a thought while we sat waiting for help under the street lights with the hazard lights flashing out a slow tune, tick tick tick. Ah you nearly feel as though you were there. Would have been fun.

Oh sorry rambling again, just a bit tired. Well better make tony his coffee so as he can go and look at the car again. cheers rellbell

ps sorry to barry for hijacking his thread.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well its a week later nearly to the hour and we have finally just replaced the previous new Fuel pump all seems to be going well. Tony going to run it to work and back for a couple of days. Heres hoping all good, cause got a weekend camping expedition planned. (Still haven't got the bill for the fuel pump yet).

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well paid for the latest new fuel pump this am. The princely sum of $195.00. We are still waiting on some new relays, but thankfully car is still going. Tony just has to sort out the sub tank light that stays on all the time, he has looked it up on the forum, just has to find the hours in his day to get too it. cheers rellbell

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go the Nissan Patrol site. Tony cleaned the both terminals and the sub tank light is no longer on. Yayy. Cheers thanks for all your help. Rellbell

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's been happening?

Was the new fuel pump faulty as well?

Did Tony run a new earth to the chassis? this is the main cause of the sub tank light to illuminate on the early GUs.

I hope your run of bad luck is over.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yendor, thanks for your thoughts.
    Yes the first new fuel pump was faulty, so it was replaced with another new one and so far still going strong.

Tony cleaned the battery terminals really well and all is good with the sub tank fuel light no longer on.

We ordered and purchased for around $140 a genuine nissan relay for the fuel system when Tony was led to believe by an auto electrician that he could get one for $35. So I returned the genuine item and of course when the generic one turned up it was not the right one. So still no new relay. In the mean time the car is still running on the original relays, that had been switched from Aircon/blower to fuel relay etc. Just starting to relax and enjoy life again, and once again thanks to you fellas on this forum for your wisdom. cheers rellbell

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Far out, you must be in line fer a good run
    Rellbell, I reckon the bod that sold you the faulty pump should foot the whole bill.
    I hope all goes well now, why not source a used relay?
    No doubt about Yendor eh? the man.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910