Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Cool, perhaps you could you put a link to Tonys info, im sure it will be usefull for others who discover this thread, and are wanting to do the job starting from scratch ?

Or......Maybe Tony just needs to fit one in my rig, only so i can take detailed pics from the start, all the way through (ha-ha)

Would also be interested if you could measure your approx turning circle when locked in 4wd with your open centre now (obviously need to be on grass, dirt or sand etc), so it can be compared after lokka install.

I also assume you have manual hubs ?, im interested to get the chance to confirm/dismiss the auto hub problems when used with lokkas (ive heard mixed reports about UN-locking issues)
    It can be organised................

Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool!! you wont regret that install. 2 things I do recomend is 140w non lsd oil and a power steering cooling kit with an auto locker you will find the steering abit harder and (with mine anyway) and after some hard work on the wheel it likes to cut out so I bought a power steering cooling kit. its pretty cheap preventitive maintenance for you (for me reactive maintenance )

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/POWER-STE...item588eecea83
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (27th August 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate thanks for the heads up!

Edit: It'll probably be reactive for me too!! i'm not game to ask the waR dept for any more coin at the moment, i t wouldnt be good for my health hahhahahahahahaha
    Last edited by growler2058; 28th August 2011 at 11:47 AM.

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    Cheers mate thanks for the heads up!
    so ....you got the job finished last night ????????????
    after all you had from 18:00 to 06:00 half hour clean up and back on here

where`s the piccies hahahaha
    HELL NO !!!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nowoolies For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (27th August 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soon sir woolies soon

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    I've already got the axles out so will probably be a bit hard to complete a full circle at the moment hahahaha don't reckon the trolley jack would give true repress ratio hahaha but will measure when locked up, apparently they unlock when turning but lock again if powering or slipping/spinning
    Ha-ha, i guess i read conflicting info about these things all time, they are supposed to unlock one finger easy, when not under engine driven load, but everyone complains of heavy steering (even when going slow on the flat)

I know full lock is full lock, but it stands to reason that if the lokka makes the steering heavy, it is applying resistance between the two front axels/wheels , and it is not just behaving like a standard open centre on turns, therefore i can understand how this resistance could reduce your turning circle in off road situations ?

Also i wish to test the effects of the lokka on soft sand tracks, in order to steer out of deep tracks/ruts you need to hit the gas, this will not allow the release of the lokka for turning, not that i can see any "sand" offering enough resistance to unlock the lokka anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post
    It can be organised................

Tony
    Mmmm, if you are serious ,work out how much you'd want to fit one, ill price up a lokka (after i pay for my paint repairs and sliders) perhaps if enough intrest, even organise a forum "group purchase" on lokkas , then we (well you) can demonstrate how to do the job !.......i can help of course, but id much rather take pics and write a story than play with diff oil any day

Be great if we could put together a dedicated thread with good quality install pics and write up from the start, and also include before and after test results ?

Last edited by 04OFF; 26th August 2011 at 04:54 PM.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've removed and refitted more diffs than I care to remember but I've never installed an Lokka so lets see how Growler goes first,
    if it's as easy as what people say it is it won't be a problem.

Tony

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what ive read in the past the directions werent crystal clear but have improved greatly and the unlocking issue or lack of should be resolved i'll post up a copy of the directions later, but components of your diff must be within tolerance to get maximum performance. ive got some photos of my removal of the centre i'll post shortly

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My attempt part 1

Ok to start heres Tony's excellant pictorial to get your axles out http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...hlight=replace
    The first couple of shots are using a extension bar and socket to drive swivel hub bearings home and using old bearing caps to drive the knew wheel bearing caps home. Then undo tail shaft (prop shaft) and tie up high with wire outa your way. I used a 17mm socket an breaker bar and a 17mm ring spanner and my trusty ol rubber mallet to belt (pursuade) the nuts loose hahaha doesnt hurt the fingies as much as a mash hammer if a miss occurs hahaha. Oil started leaking out as soon as i slightly dislodged the centre even though the oil has been drained. A couple of screw drivers to pry the centre out and the last foter the centre removed. NOW FOR A CAUTION THE CENTRE IS EFFEN HEAVY IF IT FALLS ON YOUR NOSE ITLL BE BUST WELL N TRUELY, I GOT ME SELF POSITIONED SO I COULD BRING ONTO MY CHEST CAUTION 2 I GOT A BIT OF PADDING ON ME, JOKES ASIDE ITS EFFEN HEAVY
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

AB (28th August 2011), Bruza (27th August 2011), juzzs8 (3rd July 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now for a brain teaser...... whats wrong with the 4th foter?? :-)

And foter 2 is a grease packed bearing, bit hard to take a foter of the process as i had grease from arsehol3 to breakfast hahahhahaha, Tony question how much grease should i pack into the hub (roughly)
    Last edited by growler2058; 26th August 2011 at 08:04 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast