OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sat 27th trip to rainbow or condamine gorge

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if you look like the guy ^ 3rd in top left, please keep your shirt on

Oh, and sorry I cant go, my car is still at the panel shop getting the results of my "exellent driving" repaired [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree, Steve, stripping off like that would only be acceptable by one 20 years older, 20 kgs heavier, and a lot more hairy........ hang on, that's me :-)

What's getting repaired at the panel shop? Your handiwork looked acceptable, esp since you are bound to collect a few more dings?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca86 View Post
    Ps love the recovery on the towball and at an angle what did they think was going to happen?
    yeah, but they pre weakened the strap by tying a knot in it :-) Still not recommended practice!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont believe what im looking at

towball to towball, no dampers in place

and all those people standing so close

and the guy hanging off the step ........im lost for words
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    What's getting repaired at the panel shop? Your handiwork looked acceptable, esp since you are bound to collect a few more dings?

Found some cancer down there the "electronic rust preventer" missed, perhaps the model with a "extra bright" LED flashing light would have worked better (ha-ha)

Thought i may as well get all the damage and rust fixed before i put sliders on, and i hope once the sliders are on, i wont damage that area again, although "trying" to follow dhuck and bigrig around, anything is possible
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Found some cancer down there the "electronic rust preventer" missed, perhaps the model with a "extra bright" LED flashing light would have worked better (ha-ha)

Thought i may as well get all the damage and rust fixed before i put sliders on, and i hope once the sliders are on, i wont damage that area again, although "trying" to follow dhuck and bigrig around, anything is possible
    Maybe just let it self adjust, or in the words of Mr Humphries, let the sills, quarters etc 'Ride up with wear'. :-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekend trip was good man has it changed in 5 years it's gone soft for all the soft roaders! The x trail made it no worries sand was wet so no real soft stuff. They have changed the 3rd cutting on the beach crusher dusted it and bypasses the water crossing and freshwater track is all graded and some places with crusherdust. I have only a couple of pics due to poor weather but I'll put one up tomorrow of a pajero I think burried in the sand 500 m away from mudlo rocks looked newish as not too much rust on her
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look forward to the pics, we also saw a stricken Pajero last time we were on Rainbow Beach......

I have also seen the freshwater track in great condition, but at other times its been quite shocking.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well that's the same one but more is showing I can see 3 wheels ans lost my usb for the phone can't upload pics right now but still a great day out might even be worth the 15.50 for a day beach permit. use to be free when I went and was 80km all the way not 50 in the camping area
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, still get pics up when you can, id like to see how it looks now (although, ill be up that way in 2 weeks anyway)

If you pay for your beach permit "online" its a bit cheaper, under $11 from memory ?

Just make sure if you do it online, you have a working printer to print your window permit out, as to avoid a posible fine, you need to "display" your permit as per the regulations, not just be able to prove you have paid for it. (my mate found this out the hard way ,on his bribie island trip)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12