OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Up grading GQ Head Lights ????????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not dark here yet, but there in!!!!! Will be back in a couple of hours!!!!
    89 GQ TD 42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their brilliant sooo much better than the sealed beam candles, went out of town a bit and WOW can see so much further and clearer up the road then i hit high beam double WOW on parr with spotties i say!!! Thanks for all your input and help Paul, cheers.
    89 GQ TD 42

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There not bad are thay & such a cheap upgrade for what you get in terms of light power & bugger all work involved as well.

Well Im glad your happy with them as I was sure you would be & like I said come & have a chat when your ready to do your driving lights & I'll give you some options on them to if you like......

Cheers
    Paul

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing i will mension is ime going to replace the headlight housing, when i had a good look at them this morning they are not seated properly in the nissan housing,the little pressed in peices on the niss. housings are a little smaller, these locate the headlight.they are in the right place put not (the headlight) all the way in. So another Question for ya mate, im'e assuming all the 7" housings should mount in the same position? Also the niss. housing adjustment screws etc. are all corroded. Cheers. I forgot to say ive got the bug so i want bigger brighter driving lights,All those years with the sealed beam candles,now i want aircraft lights. lol.
    Last edited by 89GQ; 14th August 2010 at 12:25 PM.
    89 GQ TD 42

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as there seated in there right spot & not loose I wouldn't bother replacing the headlight buckets (this is common with A/M inserts anyway) & no not all 7" buckets are all the same but you will be able to find some to suit Im sure.

Corroded adjusters is common You can remove clean with a wire buff or brush give them a spray & reinstall them or replace if needed.

As for the retainer screws I just replace them as thay are normally always corroded & 3 parts stuffed anyway.

As for your driving lights as I said before I am more than willing to help you set up something here to so when your ready we'll go from there.

Also check out my thread on HID Driving lights on here:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum....php?464-HID-s

Cheers
    Paul
    Last edited by patch697; 14th August 2010 at 12:50 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to patch697 For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (11th September 2010)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seated OK but everythings riged and stuck from corrosion, There $19 each so at least i can do a proper adjustment , Being so rigid as they are at the moment ime worried corrogations might crack something. Ill'e get back to you when the missus lets me dive into the coin to do HID's Thanks again.
    89 GQ TD 42

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 89GQ View Post
    There seated OK but everythings riged and stuck from corrosion, There $19 each so at least i can do a proper adjustment , Being so rigid as they are at the moment ime worried corrogations might crack something. Ill'e get back to you when the missus lets me dive into the coin to do HID's Thanks again.
    Yeah Im hearing ya, It is a small price to pay really to get your adjustment back & some piece of mind...............

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got flashed a couple of times tnight on low beam, So gotta do it soon,I know what its like when ya get blinded,dont wanna do that!! So Adjustment! Do it like the manual said,When ive done it before on level ground drive as close to the wall as possible, mark centre and horizontal on low beam, drive back 6-7 meters and adjust inch below horizontal and same to the left of centre. Never done Halogens!!! Any tricks or better way to do it?? Cheers.
    89 GQ TD 42

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No deference mate, I set mine & just drive & tweak as I go.

A couple of handy tips are, if you can use a brick wall or even a roller door as the lines help you keep the lights even when aligning them & mark a strait line to use when you reverse back (just a rope or something). You will be surprised how being just a bit off here will effect your light aim.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Paul, Im'e not stalking ya. hehe. But im'e thinking do the wiring upgrade, Im'e going to have the grill off to put the new housings in and might be a good time to mount anything while its off, Have you got a diagram of it or a link i could go to. Ive got some 4mm wire will that do the job?
    89 GQ TD 42

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast