OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Newbie - question on RADIO install < where to find it> if I have the Antenna!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie - question on RADIO install < where to find it> if I have the Antenna!

Hi All,

Just got my hands on this cool 4wd Nissan patrol. I ve no clue on UHF radios but needed some tips and advice if anyone can give me a direction and ideas on it. Photos attached.
    What I am unsure of is on missing any elements here. I don't see any handheld or mounted mic box. Antenna mounted is from GME. I can see neat wiring under the bonnet too.

7 pictures added as Attachments !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 493 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow the antenna coax or the speaker wires and you will find the radio. Previous owner may have it removed before selling and left only the parts you see, though.

P.S: I can totally see myself reversing over that glass garage door of yours if I had one like that, LOL.
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

AB (3rd April 2024), MudRunnerTD (3rd April 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianY60 View Post
    Follow the antenna coax or the speaker wires and you will find the radio. Previous owner may have it removed before selling and left only the parts you see, though.

P.S: I can totally see myself reversing over that glass garage door of yours if I had one like that, LOL.
    It's in his Lounge room mate! I love the commitment.

I can see a speaker in one 9f those pics but cant see a hand set which you need so you can press SEND.

As Mr Brazil mentioned, trace back the cables, you will find Cut wires or the UHF.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.