Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iceland - 2.8TD 1992 GR

Hi guys,

Just posted a question about gearbox noises but figured I should also share the ride with you all too, right? My first Patrol, so this is all a learning process but i'm loving every second!

So she's a 1992 2.8TD GR modified for 44" tyres but currently sitting on 40's. Tyres of this size are pretty common on modified's over here as they enable you to air down and float over the snow on winter mountain tracks.
    Compressor on boards as well as an inflation/deflation system to allow tyre pressure changes on the go. Air locker on the front diff, standard lock on the back. Two auxilliary tanks and pumps. Repainted by the previous owner about 6 years ago. He did a fantastic job and it still looks brand new (when clean) but unfortunately i'm beginning to see it needs some serious inner sill work doing, which i'm currently shopping around prices for. Also hunting an oil leak and a very slow loss of coolant.

Pic on orange beadlocks is on 44", previous owner.

Cheers,

Alex

1a.jpg1b.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blacksails For This Useful Post:

AB (10th March 2024), BigRAWesty (11th March 2024), Cremulator (10th March 2024), jack (10th March 2024), mudnut (10th March 2024), Touses (10th March 2024)