User Tag List

Thread: HP air filter for TB42s

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question HP air filter for TB42s

Hi guys, I'm after your thoughts on which/what to use? I have a TB42 with a falcon webber fitted to it (just had a full recon on the webber), an arrow flow snorkle, running a crane fireball XR3000 with a bosch high energy coil and a set of extractors with a 2.5" system.
    my reason for a hp air filter is that is about the only thing still stock on the out side of the motor, and I would probably get a benefit from it.

any feed back is welcomed good bad or other wise.

thanks troy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi seriously thing about a 350cfm Holley ! seen to many falcons burnt out with webber carbs they wont be much good on rough territory . besides you can get a lot more adapters to run any air cleaner .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem is that as you change the air filter, change the vacuum in the admission, that will cause the mixture changes, if you're rich blend better, but if you are with lean mixture, you have to re-regulate both the calibration the mixture as the advance curve.

sincerely suggest riding a larger filter similar to the toyota fj80, and recalibrate the carburetor mixture, and also feed the curb anyway if you want to gain power so that you're in the basics ..

greetings.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my problem is, the 4.1l falcon, draws more air flow than the TB42 does, and I'm running rich, and yes I can correct that by way of jets & emulsion tube mods, but it's a lot easier to increase flow and cheaper too. I've been thinking of getting the airbox from a 3L GU and retro fitting it with custom pipe work, but again it's cheaper and easier to change [I]my[I] air filter first and try to get the gain I'm after. I'm after better economy and reliable predictable performance, and in getting that I should get better torque and more HP as a side affect.

troy

PS: I've already got the webber fitted and it's a ford webber not an after market unit.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and you tried, to increase the manifold chamber by placing an additional spacer between the manifold and carburetor?