Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scenic Rim forum meet up photos and videos - August 2011

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Photos and videos have now been merged into one post for easy viewing...Keep them coming everyone!
    thanks for that AB job well done mate thanks for your efforts

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump - I've been posting on Big Rig aka The Plank's original expression of interest thread and only found this one by accident

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    looks liks a fantastic time was had yet again, nice one guys and thanks for sharing the pics................................. one thinkg is bugging me though, I just can't work out why it's called Scenic rim, I've looked and looked and looked but for the life of me, I just can't see it!!!!!!.................. hahahahahaaha

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well ... got back at about 8:15pm last night and I'm shattered ... lol

What a great weekend - not as much serous driving as anticipated and the park doesn't have a large variety of tracks that accommodate all levels, so not a lot for the beginners and intermediate drivers either, but was a very relaxing and enjoyable outing none the less ... still managed to damage Tank though (and 04OFF's damage also)!!!

A HUGE thanks to all who made it out there and a special mention to Jason (Peacemaker) for the chainsaw demo and general assistance throughout the weekend. Hopefully the sound came out ok and I'll organise to put the video of the demo up as a tutorial. I think the 'demonstration' concept is a real winner, so we'll definitely organise more of these on future trips.

Salvaging the Hilux was a top experience for many, and the park gave us $100 for the effort - I'll organise to send this to AB as a donation to the forum, and get video of that effort up for all to see. As a side note, we ensured all the passengers of the Hilux were safe and well prior to having 'a bit of fun' with the photos - had someone have been seriously injured (or worse) we wouldn't have taken the recovery so lightly I can assure you.

We ended up having 59 people and 26 vehicles throughout the weekend, so I can't state enough what a difference it makes to have so many contributing and good people to have in attendance -- every part of me is aching, but mostly my jaw and cheek bones (face people!!! lol) from smiling, laughing and chatting ... you're an awesome group of individuals!!!

Thanks also to Murray and Dave (or was it Phil, or Bob, or just "old mate"?? lol) from Torq4x4 who joined in the fun and donated a 9 Tonne Black Rat snatch strap - they asked me to test it out, and greatly appreciated, but thinking I'll talk to AB and work out a mini comp over the coming weeks with the winner getting the strap for a prize with compliments of Torq4x4 who are starting out up here and very keen to work out specific specials for forum members.

I'll get vids and piccies up over the coming days in between work and fixing my rig!!

Bring on the next one!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (18th August 2011), Silver (16th August 2011), Woof (16th August 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some more shots

Note the serious look on the face ... now sing with me (you know the tune):
    "Oh what a feeling ... roll over!!!" ... lol
    IMG_8016.JPG

I reckon something is about to break ... what do you reckon??
    IMG_7965.JPG

5" lift that is flexing superbly (now I ripped out the petrol tank and sway bar again!!) and still getting air ... time to go up me thinks!!!! lol
    IMG_7956.JPG

What does one say ... HUUUGGGGGE flex!!!!
    IMG_7953.JPG

Tank breezed through ... lucky I didn't puncture a tyre on the broken CV left there by some Toyota driver!!!! lmao
    IMG_7951.JPG

Steve doing his thing, and having a 'red hot go'!!!
    IMG_7949.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

04OFF (16th August 2011), AB (16th August 2011), Ben-e-boy (18th August 2011), Finly Owner (18th August 2011), growler2058 (16th August 2011), Silver (16th August 2011), Woof (16th August 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One for Tony - flex is great with the new setup, and on this shot, still about 3-4 inches off full travel in the back end!!!! Heaps better than the previous suspension - thanks again mate!!!!

IMG_7996.JPG

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (18th August 2011), growler2058 (16th August 2011), YNOT (16th August 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOUND: 1 grey jacket with a hood that was left at Camp. Whosever it is, PM me your address and I'll get it back to you.

Also - YNOT: you left one of your bags there and we picked it up - left you a phone message also (just so you know it wasn't lost!!).

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick video of a little hill climb beside the campsite ... the washout at the bottom was fairly deep, and on the first lash, I tried to let the suspension walk through it and even then with the new setup (with the locker on) it wouldn't climb it ... good bit of fun (note the angle of the truck at the top of the hill ...)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

AB (16th August 2011), Finly Owner (18th August 2011), nowoolies (16th August 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fanflammingtastic as always guys
    looks like you`s had a ball
    thanks for the piccies ......we luv piccies lol

now where`s the video`s ????????????????

bugga as i put this up the video`s arrive hahahahaah
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must be wrecked Scotty cause that aint Pigtrol. That thing is straight and no basket on the roof.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast