OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Rock Slider suggestions for a GU WAGON.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rock Slider suggestions for a GU WAGON.

Hello there everybody. Well, as the title says, I'm looking for some suggestions on rock sliders for the GU wagon. Please post all the good, bad or ugly that you have used or seen. Pros and cons for shape and style. I'm considering everything from ready to bolt on second hand through to weld your own kits, through to build your own plans. Im leaning towards slimline with no plating but keen to hear from the masses.
    (Also, admin feel free to move this if I've put it in the wrong place )

.......from under the great down under.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,741 Times in 2,687 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Hello there everybody. Well, as the title says, I'm looking for some suggestions on rock sliders for the GU wagon. Please post all the good, bad or ugly that you have used or seen. Pros and cons for shape and style. I'm considering everything from ready to bolt on second hand through to weld your own kits, through to build your own plans. Im leaning towards slimline with no plating but keen to hear from the masses.
    (Also, admin feel free to move this if I've put it in the wrong place )

.......from under the great down under.
    @MudRunnerTD is your source here I believe. There is a guy selling a kit for circa $480 you have to put together yourself, think he did one for his GQ or the 62 perhaps? I might go this path then add the extra tray bars later or just ring ARB and buy what was on there before - not decided

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (19th November 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry i ahve had issues getting onto the forum this last week. Been very odd. I would say infill plates 100% every tome. I ran the GQ without the infills and dented both sills at every cross over in the sliders where a stick grabbed the cross over and smashed the sill before being flicked away. i did top and bottom plate after that.

I bought the ones for the 62 as they are made form rollcage tube and have a Bend and replace warranty. The GU i bought basically a kit to weld up off FB Marketplace mate. It jsut made sense as teh mounts can be a little fiddly. (GU Mounts are pretty easy) 62 mounts were off their head.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

taslucas (22nd November 2023)