Thread: GU takata airbag settlement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU takata airbag settlement

Ok for those of you who are patiently waiting for your settlement Takata announced that they had settled with the lawyers in Sydney earlier this year for $52 million dollars . lt turns out the Legal fraternity took the best part of 30 million acting on our behalf and even the Presiding judge cocked an eyebrow. But because they all lie in bed together he let it slide . Now the remaining $22 million approximately gets divided between every one else which is across different vehicle manufactures. Now they announced the legal fraternity that settlement will be in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of this current year 2023. Then they said it will be done and dusted by the end of September. Yep still no coin dont they know that beers expensive. Anyway l beleive people and others like myself are to receive around $850 . Well hello if your airbag explodes and takes out your left eyebrow along with half of your brain box congratulations here $860 FOR COMPENSATION . YOU WILL NEED ALL OF THAT JUST FOR BEER TO GET OVER IT , anyway has anyone received the cash or know whats going on. Cheers

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sag57 For This Useful Post:

AB (8th October 2023), jack (9th October 2023), mudnut (9th October 2023), MudRunnerTD (9th October 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sag57 View Post
    Ok for those of you who are patiently waiting for your settlement Takata announced that they had settled with the lawyers in Sydney earlier this year for $52 million dollars . lt turns out the Legal fraternity took the best part of 30 million acting on our behalf and even the Presiding judge cocked an eyebrow. But because they all lie in bed together he let it slide . Now the remaining $22 million approximately gets divided between every one else which is across different vehicle manufactures. Now they announced the legal fraternity that settlement will be in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of this current year 2023. Then they said it will be done and dusted by the end of September. Yep still no coin dont they know that beers expensive. Anyway l beleive people and others like myself are to receive around $850 . Well hello if your airbag explodes and takes out your left eyebrow along with half of your brain box congratulations here $860 FOR COMPENSATION . YOU WILL NEED ALL OF THAT JUST FOR BEER TO GET OVER IT , anyway has anyone received the cash or know whats going on. Cheers
    Mine arrived unexpectedly in my bank account last Thursday. Forgot all about it and did a search on the name. We had two cars impacted so don’t know which one it is.

IMG_1612.jpeg

Unexpected bonus
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the same. At first I had no clue what it was for and thought that the bank made a mistake and expected the $$ to be taken out of my account. It wasnt until I googled the Quinn Emanuel Takata that the penny dropped.
    Be the person that your dog thinks you are!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Coldcomfort For This Useful Post:

jack (10th October 2023)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well surprise surprise Takata payment made lastThursday the 5th of October $845.55 sme as the other gents but the legal fraternity picked up the best part of $30 million. Obviously should have been a lawyer

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s the actual breakdown:

Under the terms of the settlement, the defendants would pay a combined sum of $52 million, equating to approximately $1,558 per vehicle when divided amongst the 33,400 participating class members. Following the proposed deductions of $16 million in legal costs, $13 million in funder’s commission and $2.5 million for administration costs, the net payment to class members was estimated to be approximately $600.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.