User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bushwakka awnings

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also been looking at 270 awnings. What I have found is that most of them do not completely cover the big barn door for rain protection when the door is fully open. This is a must for me as I live out of the back of the wagon when travelling. And I do want it on the passenger side. Three that I think do are 30Second, Crashpad Gear, and Destination4WD.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

AB (16th September 2023), jay see (15th September 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    This is probably the only time I wish I had it on the other side, but have still managed.

I like Mudski idea, why not have both..

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    unifiedcontent-1.jpg..........

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

jay see (15th September 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    That's exactly what I was picturing while typing..

Quote Originally Posted by Brissieboy View Post
    I have also been looking at 270 awnings. What I have found is that most of them do not completely cover the big barn door for rain protection when the door is fully open. This is a must for me as I live out of the back of the wagon when travelling. And I do want it on the passenger side. Three that I think do are 30Second, Crashpad Gear, and Destination4WD.
    I think that's what most of us (non 62 owners)want.

I like the destination one, but upwards of 3k, I don't think so.

If there's rain I think the bushwakka and hardkorr with one wall should be enough. We are never going to get complete coverage in just using an awning

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (18th September 2023)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I also find the rain hits the roof and splashes under the awning. I've been thinking about making a small covering, or something to stop this.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I also find the rain hits the roof and splashes under the awning. I've been thinking about making a small covering, or something to stop this.
    I am looking at doing the same thing, but just at the rear. At this stage I am thinking sail track fixed to the arm of the awning and a small curtain that will slide into that and tie back onto the rack or even sew in magnets so it sticks to the roof. I noticed that the Destination awning has an option for something like this and it has great coverage, but I agree that price is a killer.
    The Bushwakka Extreme 270 is another one to add to the list that will probably cover the door.
    I'd be very interested in hearing any comments on any of these. They all seem to have a mix of good and bad reviews. The Crashpad one is very new so nothing found on that one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

mudski (18th September 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Note that all the 270s linked in this thread a re China, which is fine. the Bushwakka is not their Aussie made product although they present as the Aussie company. They have an Australian Made line also but at over Double the price of their china awning which made my BushCompany a Bargain. What i like about the Bushwakka china is that integrated lights etc. this is a nice feature in the price bracket. a bargain really.

Pasenger side or Drivers side? my Shovel on on the drivers side and gotta keep the wife happy.

On a Patrol the 270 makes sense. I went the 180 on the 62 as it has a lift tail gate and the 270 would be pointless.

The bottom line though is It Must be Freestanding gents, its a game changer i reckon. Poles are fine to rig up when required but for the quick lunch stop a freestanding is the winner.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Brissieboy (19th September 2023)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,741 Times in 2,687 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Note that all the 270s linked in this thread a re China, which is fine. the Bushwakka is not their Aussie made product although they present as the Aussie company. They have an Australian Made line also but at over Double the price of their china awning which made my BushCompany a Bargain. What i like about the Bushwakka china is that integrated lights etc. this is a nice feature in the price bracket. a bargain really.

Pasenger side or Drivers side? my Shovel on on the drivers side and gotta keep the wife happy.

On a Patrol the 270 makes sense. I went the 180 on the 62 as it has a lift tail gate and the 270 would be pointless.

The bottom line though is It Must be Freestanding gents, its a game changer i reckon. Poles are fine to rig up when required but for the quick lunch stop a freestanding is the winner.
    Struggling Daz with your sentence construction and punctuation. Ultimately looking at a replacement awning but you have me confused.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (18th September 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Struggling Daz with your sentence construction and punctuation. Ultimately looking at a replacement awning but you have me confused.
    That's hilarious!!! Did I MB the shit outta something!!!

Ok, I read my reply and it seems to read ok to me but there is an underlying assumption, a few assumptions. Lol.

From scratch.
    All of the awnings in the embedded links in this thread are all made in China.
    Bushwakka suggest they are an Australian Company selling Auatralian made gear but the Ultimate awning in this thread is made in China.
    Bushwakka do sell an Auatralian Made range but it's about $3500...
    I have fitted a Bush Company 180max Awning made in South Africa with a price point fare and square in the middle between the bushwakka China and Aussie made.

I carry a Shovel on the drivers side and awning goes on the left. The wife is happy because he side is shaded when it's out.

And... free-standing is 100% better than a Roll Out style awning.
    Most of the China Awnings claiming Freestanding all recommend using poles when it's breezy. A quick calm lunch stop the free-standing option works great. Most have integrated poles for windy days or poles in a bag ans ropes.

The BushCompany Awning has No Poles.

I think I covered all the points I made? Maybe?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    All of the awnings in the embedded links in this thread are all made in China.
    The Destination4WD awning is claimed to be Aussie made - hence the high price I guess. I think the cheaper ones are all China and the local units are always considerably more expensive. Will 1 expensive unit outlast 2 at half the price or less? Will you get any better support for a local product? - doesn't always appear to be the case from what I have seen. And just what parts and materials are really locally made?
    Not too sure on relative quality because some good stuff comes out of China as well as the cheap rubbish. And not all Aussie made is all it should be. Talking generally there, not just awnings.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (19th September 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Destination4WD awning is claimed to be Aussie made - hence the high price I guess. I think the cheaper ones are all China and the local units are always considerably more expensive. Will 1 expensive unit outlast 2 at half the price or less? Will you get any better support for a local product? - doesn't always appear to be the case from what I have seen. And just what parts and materials are really locally made?
    Not too sure on relative quality because some good stuff comes out of China as well as the cheap rubbish. And not all Aussie made is all it should be. Talking generally there, not just awnings.
    I had not clicked on that link. When I was researching I think I did look at that as I believe the arms actually pull outwards to their extended length like a car aerial and I wasn't super keen as it meant the canvas was basically shoved in when packing up or rolled up in a jumble. And Yes they are Double the price of a Bushwakka 270.

I chose a Bush Company 180maxx and from memory was about $2400. I think their 270 was $2600 maybe. I really like the Trusses of the arms of the BC awnings as true free-standing. It was the deciding factor for me, once I had a good look at the BC I used it as the benchmark to compare others too. And they didn't really come close.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Brissieboy (20th September 2023)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast