Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 CRD valve cover gasket.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldcomfort View Post
    I had a good look at my valve cover and its surrounds. I discovered that you cant re-torque the cover bolts with out first removing the injector tubes. That's not gunna happen any time soon. But with a good light I think that I have discovered the source of my oil leak. I'm pretty sure that its the rear (number 4) injector seal. I don't know if its very clear in the pictures but I've put them in anyway. Looks like its a new valve cover for me.
    The tubes are gonna have to come off to put a new valve cover, more importantly, do you really need a new valve cover? I just had mine off, I think there was a rubbery ring inside the cover that slips over the metal injector ring. I'm trying to find a "part" on google but nothing I recognise is coming up. Apparently the fuel tubes are "single use items" but I've reused mine a couple of times

FWIW, I also fully greased my valve cover gasket, mainly to make it stick in the valve cover when right side up so the gasket doesn't fall out and go astray, I also put about 12-13nm. 11 didn't feel enough.

Edit: just found out the injector seals cannot be purchased seperately, you have to buy the whole cover for $643

Also don't over tighten the glow plug nuts, I snapped one and had to put an old one back in, turns out I had two which were worn out
    Last edited by pollenface; 28th October 2023 at 11:19 PM.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pollenface For This Useful Post:

Coldcomfort (30th October 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you end up addressing this? If not, apparently the genuine gasket is best, being of a softer material which seals better than aftermarket variants.

The injection tubes can be removed and refitted without worry, although the Nissan learning resource advises to replace all injection tubes. Mine have been reused multiple times, no noticeable difference.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent moved on this yet. Since the valve cover has to come off I intend replacing it since I have some minor leaks around the injectors. The new one arrived yesterday by coincidence. Im on the fence about the injector lines. They are not cheap. I will take the advice of an experienced mechanic on that one. I also have new glow plug seals and glow plugs to go in at the same time. Also new return lines for the injectors. I have been waiting for the silly season to pass to move on this. I plan on arranging all this early Feb.
    Be the person that your dog thinks you are!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12