Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inner axle seal replacement and front diff centre removal

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The diff centre supported on the trolley jack is easy enough to manage along. I am assuming the car is on the ground and the diff is supported on jack stands.

I would 100% do the CV rebuild while it is apart. The difference jsut doing the King Pin bearings is huge and immediate.

Like Mudski, the last time i did the GU i rubbed back the trunnions and gave them a couple of coats of Satin Black cold gal. The wiper seals where much happier for a long time, as the piant wears over time it leaves the pits full and the wipers appreciate the maintenance.

If you were not going in to fit the locker though you could potentially continue to drive on. You live on a dirt road adn the diff has not seen a hose for 12 months. THere is not a drop in the inner face of that rim! Seems like a seep.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Bidja (18th August 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MudRunnerTD Yeah the locker install has been on the cards for a while and mechanic at recent rego roadie advised me, once again, to attend to the inner axle seal. The wiper seal has shown signs of seepage for 2+ yrs now.
    So now have a convincing excuse to do the locker.

Thanks for the paint type used on trunnions.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12