User Tag List

Thread: Outback trip in lieu of the Simpson

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outback trip in lieu of the Simpson

Had planned to do the Simpson - from Brisbane, across the French Line, geo-centre, then back on the Madigan. Unfortunately Eyre Creek floods got in the way so we decided to do a bit of a road trip through some of the outback, and have another go at the Simpson next year.
    8,200km. Once again some plans were thwarted - Lawn Hill NP access was completely closed, much of Litchfield NP was not accessable, etc.
    Still had a lot of fun with no issues except dust and mud, and only got bogged once.
    Trip plot.JPG

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

AB (9th July 2023), Cremulator (10th July 2023), jack (9th July 2023), jay see (9th July 2023), MB (9th July 2023), mudnut (9th July 2023), MudRunnerTD (10th July 2023), Plasnart (9th July 2023), Stropp (10th July 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 2,684 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you are going right past the mine I work at front door! The leg from Boulia thru to Cloncurry, comes pretty close to The Monument and Dajarra - the accom for the mine is at the Monument, its not a tourist stop over, but if you were stuck for fuel they would help you out. Its beautiful out here at the moment, mild weather and clear skies. Look up Phosphate Hill Mine.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Looks like you are going right past the mine I work at front door! The leg from Boulia thru to Cloncurry, comes pretty close to The Monument and Dajarra - the accom for the mine is at the Monument, its not a tourist stop over, but if you were stuck for fuel they would help you out. Its beautiful out here at the moment, mild weather and clear skies. Look up Phosphate Hill Mine.
    Yep, I've been to Phosphate Hill mine a couple of times doing urgent 'special' deliveries in a truck (it seems all mine requirements are urgent). Didn't go past the mine this time - just stuck to the main through road. I do like the outback!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (10th July 2023)