Thread: 100/130 h4 headlight globes

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catchinjack View Post
    Sorry to wake up old thread BUT do you have to upgrade loom or put relay in for the sealed beam 90/100 lights or will they run ok without any changes?
    I would definitely upgrade the wiring loom and fit relays.
    If you don't the stalk switch which is problematic with standard globes has to swallow all that extra current.
    The voltage drop in the factory system with the extra current is usually enough to negate the improved wattage anyway.
    Another thing to pay close attention to is the earth at the reflector plugs. I have seen several of these melt due to the heat of the extra current

Over the years I have tried almost every type of lighting in the GQ... HID, 90/100, 100/130, crystal etc etc
    The best results I got (for me and the poor bugger coming the other way) were with relays and upgraded loom powering +100 Philips in the standard wattage.
    I have not tried the later HID projector lens tho.

Plug and play looms are like $150 to $200 on Ebay which IMHO is a rip because all you need is relays, cimps and a few metres of wire BUT for a lot of people the premade looms are more convenient so fair enough in that regard I s'pose
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

catchinjack (8th May 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate, might just sell them and not bother lol
    Cheers,
    Leo

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    I would definitely upgrade the wiring loom and fit relays.
    If you don't the stalk switch which is problematic with standard globes has to swallow all that extra current.
    The voltage drop in the factory system with the extra current is usually enough to negate the improved wattage anyway.
    Another thing to pay close attention to is the earth at the reflector plugs. I have seen several of these melt due to the heat of the extra current

Over the years I have tried almost every type of lighting in the GQ... HID, 90/100, 100/130, crystal etc etc
    The best results I got (for me and the poor bugger coming the other way) were with relays and upgraded loom powering +100 Philips in the standard wattage.
    I have not tried the later HID projector lens tho.

Plug and play looms are like $150 to $200 on Ebay which IMHO is a rip because all you need is relays, cimps and a few metres of wire BUT for a lot of people the premade looms are more convenient so fair enough in that regard I s'pose
    I've just started selling the first true 7 inch Projector HID. These are specially made to replace the crappy factory light as a full bolt in replacement with upgraded loom. There is no CV boot on the back or halogen lights converted there are dedicated projector HID headlights.

They put out 70 to 80 lux per headlight as apposed to the new Ford ranger that puts out 15 to 20. These figures came from testing at a Ford dealership from a customer.

This is one light. Yes they are still illegal just like higher wattage halogen bulbs but as they don't blind oncoming traffic and if used with 4300K they look OEM.

If your after cheap and halogen I would personally get Britrax headlights and do the upgraded loom with Philips bulbs though. The looms are simple to make and in all honesty the ones on ebay are crap. I think there about $5 each from China and then sold on ebay for massive mark ups.

Cheers Mick

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mick. View Post
    I've just started selling the first true 7 inch Projector HID. These are specially made to replace the crappy factory light as a full bolt in replacement with upgraded loom. There is no CV boot on the back or halogen lights converted there are dedicated projector HID headlights.

They put out 70 to 80 lux per headlight as apposed to the new Ford ranger that puts out 15 to 20. These figures came from testing at a Ford dealership from a customer.

This is one light. Yes they are still illegal just like higher wattage halogen bulbs but as they don't blind oncoming traffic and if used with 4300K they look OEM.

If your after cheap and halogen I would personally get Britrax headlights and do the upgraded loom with Philips bulbs though. The looms are simple to make and in all honesty the ones on ebay are crap. I think there about $5 each from China and then sold on ebay for massive mark ups.

Cheers Mick
    How much are those lights ya got there mate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There $950 a pair fully built ready to bolt in. So pretty much the same as a good pair of HID spotlights but you have the light all the time.

I can also sell them dissembled for $750 where to put them together, cut the shrouds, bolt the projectors in and seal the lenses and lights yourself.

Cheers Mick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123