Thread: 2013 GU Patrol factory ARB roo bar fog light

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2013 GU Patrol factory ARB roo bar fog light

Hit a parrot on the way home the other day and of course is shattered the right hand glass fog light. Went down to ARB today and was told that yes it was made by ARB but it is not an ARB replacement part, it is a Nissan part as it was made as a factory part. As I was going to replace both to an LED anyway, does anybody know of a replacement light that will fit? Both Narva and ARB where I am from have just shrugged and said they don't know of a replacement light suitable due to the odd size.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check on ebay . there seems to be complete lights with housings and just bulbs . check your wire connectors first as there are wiring kits . i've never had mine off , but would think it may be best just to get bulbs . just need to make sure that your wiring/ plugs will connect to the bulbs

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where the problem starts. The build sheet on the car is a ARB Deluxe bull bar. ARB say that yes it is indeed and ARB Deluxe bar .. BUT .. it was not a standard ARB unit. Meaning that it does not have standard ARB mountings as it was in fact classed as an "official" Nissan factory part. As such, no ARB standard fittings (including their replacement fog lights), will fit. So if I bought an item online, there is no guarantee that it will fit.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    correct . the fog lights are taken out of the original nissan bumper and fitted to the ARB bar , so you buy replacements to fit the nissan bar which should also fit your ARB bar. have a good look at one of your fog lights and check closely the pictures and descriptions of the nissan replacement items on ebay.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope the original Nissan fog lights from the factory plastic bumper are not the same size as the ones installed in the ARB bumper. Both ARB and local Nissan dealership have confirmed this. Local Nissan are trying to find out if they even still have these as spares.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar issue a few months ago. To solve it I sent patrolapart the part number from the bull bar. From that they were able to find the correct part.
    Be the person that your dog thinks you are!!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that will check asap :-)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So .. had an email from Nissan to say that they can source the single fog light .. $426.61 .. for one ... without fitting of course ... WTF !!!
    Drove around to a local 4x4 centre who quoted $726 for a pair of led's that will fit (without fitting) .. again .WTF !!!
    Look I would love to upgrade to LED's and buy a pair (fitting is no problem for me) .. but what is with the prices?
    Even Stedi do fog light replacements (none that fit unfortunately) .. but even they are way cheaper than those above .. has the world gone mad?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take that back .. Stedi may have a pair that fits :-)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for those that don't know, the Stedi fog lights fit perfectly .. OMG they are almost brighter than the headlights .. will be looking into the main beam upgrade kit now .. cannot believe the difference :-)