Thread: Shocks

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shocks

Hi all, getting around to replacing shocks on a Y61 wagon. Was thinking of splashing out a bit extra for adjustable as my ride at present is just to firm. I got a 2 inch lift as well. Been looking at Superior Engineering/Kings .. anybody running these that can give me your opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the ARB BP-51 shockers on mine, very good ride and don't fade.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would probably never go for a mass market brand again for anything reliable .. I have Ironman shocks now and they are so hard it's not funny ... of course they were supplied to match the vehicle weight but even fully loaded there is no give at all

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,686 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you anywhere near a Dobinsons dealer or even better agency? i have had good experience with them, as have others. They measure the corners of the vehicle, punch all the data into their computer and come up with a range of options. I was given the 'like or exchange option' on a set of rear cols and the service was brilliant out of the Dandenong vic facility. I ran Koni hydraulic shockers for 15yrs and was very happy with them, however found the front dampening wasn't up to speed with the engine bay weight, so went to a custom made twin shock set-up. Anyway, it worked well but I have since upgraded to the ARB BP-51 set-up and will see how that rates - better be great based on the cost!!!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow .. ok .. yeah I might have a look at them .. certainly don't seem to get that kind of service where I am from any of the local suspension mob.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 770 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running 91mm (think they're 91mm, the bigger ones anyway) Tough Dog adjustables.

Second set of these I've had. First set I had on a Navara.

Can not fault them.

Run them on the Madigan Line, Simpson, Anne Beadell, Canning Stock and other smaller trips and they're still going strong. That's trips with a fully loaded GU over some of worst corrugations in the world and these shocks are still working well.

They'd be about 4 years old now. I really can not fault them. When I need to I'll be getting another set.

Adjustables are great. On the Madigan the corrugations make your vehicle go up and down like a boat in the sea. I noticed my shocks were getting bloody hot. No problem. Adjusted the shocks so they were stiffer, this stopped them moving so much and they cooled way way down. Improved the ride and saved the shocks.