Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,686 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autotechnica Driving seats for sale

I have a pair of Autotechnica Driving seats for sale, not required. They are ADR approved seats, manufacture date is 2008, have been in storage for quite a while, excellent cloth condition, one small pick hole of 2mm diameter on one bolster but generally fault free, very minor sun bleaching on the side next to the windows. Good quality seat, well underpriced on what replacements would be today for a comparable compliant seat, no mounting frames. Pick up only from Knoxfield Vic 3180 Price is firm at $450 a pair

IMG_9867.jpgIMG_9872.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Pete49 (12th March 2023), rusty_nail (11th March 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am in the market for seats. Are they plush or a rigid style seat? Do they absorb shocks from rough roads and tracks well? Are they big enough to fit my big body? So the frames just fit a GQ or is a kit needed?
    Last edited by mudnut; 11th March 2023 at 10:28 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    I am in the market for seats. Are they plush or a rigid style seat? Do they absorb shocks from rough roads and tracks well? Are they big enough to fit my big body? So the frames just fit a GQ or is a kit needed?
    Craig I can only say they appear to have an adjustable back, they also look like a high performance style seat that would hug a body quite well. They canMe in a vehicle I bought, not fitted but intended as a direct replacement to the seats in a gq patrol. The seats were not mounted but have been at some stage. I am not going to use them as the side bolsters are relatively high and they may be difficult to acces if the steering wheel is in its lowest setting. All considerations but they don't appear to have been used much at all despite the age. It's entirely possible, only guessing as this would be my action, to mount them onto a patrol base first, might need an adapter bar of sorts or look at a hurricane base kit that are used for the ford or Holden seats. Hope that helps. You are a fair distance from me, but welcome to sit in them before committing.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Craig I can only say they appear to have an adjustable back, they also look like a high performance style seat that would hug a body quite well. They canMe in a vehicle I bought, not fitted but intended as a direct replacement to the seats in a gq patrol. The seats were not mounted but have been at some stage. I am not going to use them as the side bolsters are relatively high and they may be difficult to acces if the steering wheel is in its lowest setting. All considerations but they don't appear to have been used much at all despite the age. It's entirely possible, only guessing as this would be my action, to mount them onto a patrol base first, might need an adapter bar of sorts or look at a hurricane base kit that are used for the ford or Holden seats. Hope that helps. You are a fair distance from me, but welcome to sit in them before committing.
    I see what you mean for the side bolsters. Thinking about it, I would have trouble with them, as I am already causing the current seat cushion to be dragged in.

I'll pass on them, thanks Phil. My driver's seat has a broken frame, so replacement is due. Falcon seats might be on the cards.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    I see what you mean for the side bolsters. Thinking about it, I would have trouble with them, as I am already causing the current seat cushion to be dragged in.

I'll pass on them, thanks Phil. My driver's seat has a broken frame, so replacement is due. Falcon seats might be on the cards.
    I was wondering about your back issues to be honest. The drivers seat frame is OK from the original seat I think so happy to split that away from the seat as its rooted, if that helps. I could pack it up and send to you , no charge, happy to help, so let me know. The drivers seat is stuffed but passenger looks ok, will be able to sort this out Wednesday next week if required

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudnut (12th March 2023), rusty_nail (12th March 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PM sent. Your'e a legend.