Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rear Recovery Point in Tow Hitch

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkinsey View Post
    All it will cost you is $40.00 and a trip to the Supercheap auto store. http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...38#Description

Cheers,

Rob
    gee that looks good.
    will have to pick one up myself
    "Gunter" - 1993 Nissan Patrol GQ DX II, 6cyl 4.2L Diesel. 2" Lift EFS suspension. 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ (285/75 R16). Warn Winch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day guys n gals,

I had to drag a broken farm ute 5km back to the shed last weekend and remembered most of what I've read and learnt recently. Normally the tractor would do, but, I decided to do it in comfort and see what all the fuss was about. Broken ute returned, emptied and ready to scrap (hhmmm ... now I need another). Anyway ...

It seems to me that the snatch recovery technique should be used ONLY be used AFTER digging has failed. Bugga digging ... that's too hard! Unless I'm alone of course, then, no choice if no winch.

So ... (theory for the lazy follows) ... if all else has failed try a snatch recovery using a strap that is the WEAKEST link (3000kg ??). Start at the SLOWEST speed possible and pretend it's a chain. Increase speed if unsucessful until strap breaks ;-) Get tractor and chain.

Easy ...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are better off have a recovery ponit in line with the strongest point of your 4x4 remember I Y T

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was going to ask you what IYT means ben but saw your other thread so thought i'd put it here for future reference for others.

Quote Originally Posted by benmatters View Post
    I Y T is very important as you can have the whole thing fail if you have the anchors or recovery points wrong. I stands for ideal it is a straight line anchor or recovery point say for example in line with your 4x4 cassis as it’s your strongest point. Y stands for YES it works well not as good as I but as the Y is you have two anchor or recovery points no greater than 90 degrees on each. T stands for terrible it exceeds the 180 degree line and will double your load should never be used. Any thoughts on this?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456