Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What 4x4 Magazines do you read?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of the companies I work for (my boss owns 2) sells bullbars. We advertise in 4x4 australia and NZ 4wd. The cost is ridiculous for the outcome which isn't much. Unfortunately Social media is king really.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Hodge (8th November 2022), MB (8th November 2022), mudski (9th November 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder how much under the table coin it would cost to have Toyoda’s data base working young guru sell your boss @mudski their ERP system details for the last 5 years to target email chimpy the lot of them? All jokes aside, email addresses are handy, just ask Optus & Medicare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Hodge (8th November 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't read magazines anymore. Am sick of looking at things I can't afford.

One thing that got me with social media is after having solar panels put on my house I got bombarded with ads for solar panels, didn't matter how many times I blocked them I kept getting different ones, and then started getting missed calls from installers wanting to give me a quote .... but I already had the panels so it just became a nuisance.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pollenface For This Useful Post:

Hodge (9th November 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Wonder how much under the table coin it would cost to have Toyoda’s data base working young guru sell your boss @mudski their ERP system details for the last 5 years to target email chimpy the lot of them? All jokes aside, email addresses are handy, just ask Optus & Medicare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. All the optus and medibank ones are available on the dark Web....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MB (9th November 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advertising on YouTube and Instagram would probably be where most of the 4x4 content is consumed.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (9th November 2022), Hodge (9th November 2022), MB (9th November 2022)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cheers guys, pretty much what I thought but had to ask. I showed the boss the responses and now he see's it. I joined a few LC200 FB pages last night, I felt dirty, and theres already a lot of chatter on these pages about this product, which hasn't been released yet, so I will point him into using social media.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 644 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The printed mag is most assuredly on it's way out. Some are still having a crack though.
    I've heard of one publisher intending to meld two banners.
    A gardening glossy and a men's, ermm, health magazine.
    New title is to be " Better Gnomes and Hardons'.
    Gonna sign up for that one, I'm a keen gardener!
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

MB (9th November 2022), mudnut (10th November 2022), mudski (9th November 2022), Plasnart (9th November 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly. the market for the LC200 fundamentally is Grey Nomads towing caravans around Australia and Horse folk.

Caravanning Mags is where the market is. Grey Nomad FB Groups. Get an Ad in the new release of Camps11 or whatever number is going to print.

Caravanning Australia is printed because grey nomads dont do facebook like younger generations.

Instagram for your target Audiance is a waste of time.

Royal Auto from RACV used to be our Number1 Ad and was great for business targeting this same demographic but they stopped printing during covid and now have gone to spamming daily emails.

4WD Australia Mag with Mr4X4 is probably a great mag for this demographic too. They dont want to see comp trucks they want to see clean LC200s towing and living their dream.

RM. Williams Magazine would probably pay for itself too.

Sponsoring a few Grey Nomad Blogs could be a winner too.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (9th November 2022), mudski (9th November 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollenface View Post
    I don't read magazines anymore. Am sick of looking at things I can't afford.

One thing that got me with social media is after having solar panels put on my house I got bombarded with ads for solar panels, didn't matter how many times I blocked them I kept getting different ones, and then started getting missed calls from installers wanting to give me a quote .... but I already had the panels so it just became a nuisance.
    That is Google selling your activity. Your best bet is to simply ignore the pop ups and not click on anything. Dont try and limit it, all it does is register your click. Within a week or so of no activity you will droip off their algorithm
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 770 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianY60 View Post
    This.

I used to subscribe to Petersen 4Wheel Drive from US but that was maybe some 15 years ago. Used to keep the most useful ones with tech articles in a separate box and stuff for later consulting of "my tech library". On my last years of subscription, the mag was so thin and full of adds that it became pretty much useless, with every section ending with "check our website for more content".

These days, online profile-matching adds like the ones from Google and I suppose FB (I don't use the later) are useless to me as I disguise them from profiling me to try to "interfere with my buying decisions".

I base myself a lot more on customer reviews and technical-oriented forums like this one. Sometimes even YouTube product reviews are more useful then an add. This is why the so-called "influencers" are making huge bucks on YT.

We as a society have regressed back to word-of-mouth knowledge transmission (by means of video).
    used to love that Petersen mag.

Used to to sub to Bushdriver about 5000 years ago. Nothing since then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast