User Tag List

Thread: Chip for 2.8td

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chip for 2.8td

Any members here have a 2.8TD with a chip?

Thinking of buying one with tax money but I want to be assured I'll feel the benefits. Read a lot of people saying different things about the different brands. At this stage, DPCHIP are looking the goods with many different settings, a 30 day money back guarantee and a 5year warranty.

So, anyone 2.8 owners with experience? Did you get a dyno and if so, what power did it make on which setting? (if applicable)

cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    realy good for towing not much benefit around town check out their web site or other forums it is flogged todeath
    also you need to change to 3 inch exhaest anb block of the egr valve to get the best results all up about a 30 percent increase
    cheers stephen

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Stephen..
    Yeah, I realise the issue is flogged to death on other forums but I'd like to try and get as much information gathered on this site as I find this one the best due to the personalities and the friendliness.

I have the 3" exhaust and the blocked EGR. I've read other opinions that say there is a vast improvement in day-to-day driving as the chip gets rid of the turbo lag that diesels suffer so much from. Of course, there's the "towing" aspect of it and the added torque must be great.

Last night I found a chart with the power gains for the patrols. I think it was on the DPChip site but I can't find it for the life of me. For the money I have to lay out for a chip, the power gains didn't really seem worth it.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Unit View Post
    Thanks Stephen..
    Yeah, I realise the issue is flogged to death on other forums but I'd like to try and get as much information gathered on this site as I find this one the best due to the personalities and the friendliness.
    Awww shucks.... We love you too "G"... In fact you have played a bigger role in this forum than you think (ie.
    your post about this forum on another one).

Do you have a pyro & boost fitted so you can monitor whats going on & have you read the post Andy has in the DIY section on how to fine tune the EGR block off mod? If not this may be of some help to you.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...rence-Document.

Cheers
    Paul

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do these chips look like?
    how can you tell if you have a standard chip or a mod chip?