Thread: scam on carsguide auto trader

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scam on carsguide auto trader

don't know where to post this so hope fully mods will put it where it needs to be .
    a mate of mine was very close to being duped by a scam on carsguide auto trader . 2006 nissan patrol $18000 . which is about 50% of what it should be . story is owner is ambulance officer , moved from sunshine coast to wa for work and needs to sell car , vin and rego numbers can be seen in add , all seemed legit . he called me to ask me what i think about it .told him if it's legit ,would be worth looking at as it was supposed to be close by in currimundi , but beware ,if it seems too good to be true it usually is . in subbsequent emails with owner , the owner then mentioned the car was in wa and in each contact the owner said they could start financial negotiations strait away to effect sale quickly ( a detail my mate did not tell me earlier ). the fact that the car was now in wa is what got my mates attention that it may be a scam, where as it was originaly supposed to be in currimundi qld at a u-ship holding yard. my mate apparently googled u-ship scams and found info on how the scams work . he said he reported the add but no action was taken and it seems the website don't care and just leave the add running . i haven't any real experiance in this sort of thing my self so don't really know what to do . add is still there and i would imagine if a 57 year old could almost get done , there would be plenty of young guns all to eager to grab the prize that would hand over their details too readily.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nipagu7 For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (1st July 2022), mudnut (3rd July 2022), mudski (1st July 2022), Plasnart (1st July 2022), Rossco (1st July 2022), Touses (1st July 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep , thats the one .