Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    My air locker I have, yes its from China, surprise! From memory when I got it, its the leftovers from the original ARB design. But, it has not failed me once in the 7 years I've had it. Not that its been used once in the last two years though. Sorry once, a quad seal had to be changed... Tested it out last weekend with the wood trailer in tow, and no leaks...
    The ARB Airlocker is designed, Machined and fully manufactured in Kilsyth Victoria mate. you have not got a "Left Over" ARB Locker, you have a Chinese copy 100%. If it gets the job done though then its getting it done.

The "Old Style" ARB Airlocker had a different main Seal that was more reliable. Many of the Comp guys are chasing the original design. They also for the same reason want the Warn 6HP Motor made in Brazil, Not Mexico for the same reason. it was just a better build. Most have now moved on to the Bow2 Motor or the Red Winch for best output or the Mahle like you ahve @MB
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 473 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    The ARB Airlocker is designed, Machined and fully manufactured in Kilsyth Victoria mate. you have not got a "Left Over" ARB Locker, you have a Chinese copy 100%.
    Was afraid to say that without 100% confidence, but this is really what I've always heard, 100% Aussie product.

They also for the same reason want the Warn 6HP Motor made in Brazil, Not Mexico for the same reason. it was just a better build.
    Yess! Go Brazil!

I have one brazilian made warn motor in my winch, low mount though...
    20170415_113817.jpg
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (23rd June 2022), Touses (23rd June 2022)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The ARB Airlocker is designed, Machined and fully manufactured in Kilsyth Victoria mate. you have not got a "Left Over" ARB Locker, you have a Chinese copy 100%. If it gets the job done though then its getting it done.

The "Old Style" ARB Airlocker had a different main Seal that was more reliable. Many of the Comp guys are chasing the original design. They also for the same reason want the Warn 6HP Motor made in Brazil, Not Mexico for the same reason. it was just a better build. Most have now moved on to the Bow2 Motor or the Red Winch for best output or the Mahle like you ahve @MB
    Yeah it was a while ago so just going from fuzzy memories. But I do recall something in the kit had ARB stamped on it. Probably just the Chinese doing heir best again at replicating. But yep, used it plenty of times without fail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12