Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 492 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Need pictures and measurements for front fender brackets

Hello everyone!

I noticed that my recently restored front fenders shake and flex too much for my liking when the TD42 is idling, specially after a cold start. Flexing to the point it will definitely crack the fender sheet on the places where I had to weld-fix them. It made me think that this vibration/flimsy is what made them crack in the first place.

So, looking at the parts diagram online, I noticed three brackets to support the most flimsy parts of the fender, to attach them to the front panel and wheel well or maybe even the chassis. None of those brackets are present in mine and I need to fabricate them here to properly support my fenders.

So, I was wondering if anyone could take pictures of the brackets on their Y60 Patrols showing the location where they are bolted and provide me a measurement of the distance between the two points of attachment? The reason I ask for the measurement is because if the bracket is shorter or longer it will widen or shorten the angle of the lower part of the fender, since it is very flimsy.

A picture is worth a 1000 words, so these are the brackets I am looking for. I really appreciate your help!
    Image 1.png
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

MB (13th June 2022)