OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Just brought an 83 MQ Patrol and I'm a kiwi so bring on the sheep jokes haha

Threaded View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just brought an 83 MQ Patrol and I'm a kiwi so bring on the sheep jokes haha

Hey guys thanks for having me,
    I've just brought my first ever Patrol so no doubt will be looking for heaps of advice off here.
    Prior to that I've had Toyota's but got sick of having sore kidneys and flat beer by the time I finished a trip. So tried a Landrover Discovery. The Discovery was a great ride, but is now on its 3rd engine and is waiting for the wrecker to pick up. The only good thing to come of it is i learnt a heap about engines and general maintenance skills such as replacing wheel bearings etc.
    I've always liked the patrols so it was an easy decision to get this one when I came across it, hopefully I'll have more luck than the disco. She'll mostly be used for Hunting, either sometimes in the Southern Alps but usually up some fairly boney rivers with a few deep river crossings, at time water can be lapping almost as deep as the bottom of the windscreen...although thats not usually intentional if I'm honest. Unfortunately my budget couldn't afford a diesel so Im hoping the L28 engines going to see me through, but to be honest I am a little worried the engine wont like the water, so would be keen to know your guys thought's and advice on how to make her more water proof? I'm a keen hunter and live in Omarama NZ.
    Cheers Bean

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bean For This Useful Post:

MB (8th June 2022), Rossco (8th June 2022)