Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Y62 incoming.

Good afternoon

By way of introduction, I’m the current owner of a GUIV ST patrol, had it since new 16 years ago. Finally decided it’s time to upgrade and I have ordered a Y62 Ti. Delivery due in July/August.

I’ve been starting some homework on the gear I’ll fit - nothing like some of the work being done by some on here (looking at you Mudrunner). But it’ll have a bull bar (ARB when they sort the Ti model out), snorkel, exhaust, lights, roof rack and electrics. Maybe fit a Unichip if the budget allows…

I’m leaning towards the Torquit cat back exhaust as I’ve read it is a little more ‘refined’. I don’t want a loud drone whilst towing long distance. Anyone had experience with the Torqit?

One thing I’ve seen on many videos now is the ‘wood grain delete’. I’m not a huge fan of the wood grain, and I really like the brushed black look. Has anyone done this? Did you do it yourself or pay someone to do it. I’ve thought about giving it a go myself, but I reckon I’d end up doing a poor job and then have to get some to do it for me anyway.

In this video below there is a glimpse of a Harrop Y62 with the brushed black (0:50) - this is what I’m after.

https://youtu.be/M_GYW9u2JyQ

Yes, I’m looking at a supercharger but looking is as far as I’ll go I think.

How much could I expect to pay to get this wrapping done and anyone got any recommendations on who to speak to? I live in Gippsland but in Melbourne frequently.

Looking forward to getting the car and drawing on some experience here when building it up.

Eamon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eamon For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (7th June 2022), MB (7th June 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,713 Times in 2,489 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check mudrunners build the62
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day mate, welcome aboard.

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!