OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Lets talk Fridges (and new ideas)

Threaded View

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets talk Fridges (and new ideas)

Does anyone else have a beef with the current options available for refrigeration?

Drop slides suck right? Had one with a 40 litre National Luna fridge and I think the slide weighed in at over 40kg. They do solve the problem of being able to get into a fridge when it is in the back of a canopy or ute or mounted up high on top of a set of drawers or something but they are crazy heavy.

Upright Fridges suck too right? Insulation is normally sh.it, everything falls over or out (or needs packing in containers so it doesn't), the cold air disappears every time you open the fridge door, and the freezer bit at the top is a waste of space.

Drawer fridges that I've seen so far have also mostly been shite and I've refused to buy one. They are generally too small, not deep enough to fit the wife's bottle of wine, have poor quality insulation and wiring, and struggle to keep stuff cold.

What if there was something that had proper A-grade fibreglass insulation, where the contents of the fridge didn't fall out when you open it? Something that didn't need a fridge slide or drop slide, and could be used as a fridge or as a legitimate freezer, with an upper shelf for smaller items and could still fit in the wine? And what if we could make it here in Aus and every component was serviceable and replaceable and not throw-away?

Playing with ideas again at the moment...
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (22nd May 2022), Hodge (22nd May 2022), Plasnart (22nd May 2022), Rossco (22nd May 2022)